Director of Azure and Private Cloud Services
McDonald's Corporation continues to grow and expand!
We are one of most recognized brands in the world. In 2018, we have been rated as a top 10 place to work in Chicago. As a modern, progressive “Tech” company, we are continually changing the Retail Food Service industry. Working in our IT sector of the corporation will provide you with challenging work, rewarding career opportunities, and one of the best comprehensive benefits packages in the industry.
We are currently looking for a DIRECTOR for Azure and Private Cloud Services.
The Cloud Services Director is responsible for delivering cost-effective, secure, and performant private and public cloud infrastructure and management services to those internal and external product teams that engage with our restaurants and customers worldwide, and taking the point on rapidly migrating appropriate workloads from private to public cloud.
This role will engage with product owners across the organization to distill a cohesive and strategic product and service strategy to meet their agile delivery needs while ensuring brand protection and financial diligence. The successful candidate will lead a team of internal and external service providers to deliver IaaS, PaaS, and serverless infrastructure, and tools to optimize spend, manage security, and accelerate delivery.
The ideal person will have strong knowledge and experience delivering public cloud solutions into a complex organizational environment, in alignment with Azure best practices. This individual will be expected to manage stakeholder concerns and needs across other infrastructure and security towers, as well as a large and diverse group of product managers, and will participate as a member of infrastructure governance and change boards. This position will report to the Global Technology Senior Director for Cloud and Data Services.
PLEASE NOTE: Employment eligibility to work with McDonald's in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position. Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
· B.S. Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent is REQUIRED
· 5+ years in a leadership capacity building, deploying, and/or operating infrastructure with a focus on deploying virtualized solutions (VMWare, Cloud) through automation and orchestration tools
· 3+ years leading high-performing teams delivering cloud solutions using Azure services
· Demonstrated experience in effectively managing multiple stakeholder relationships with customers and service providers, in particular achieving results using influence
· Demonstrated vendor management skills
· Strong background on successful execution of ITIL disciplines to improve operational excellence (Incident, Problem, Change, Capacity, Release Mgmt), ITIL Foundation Certification a plus
· Familiarity with ServiceNow, with experience implementing custom ITSM solutions in the platform a plus
· Experience with Digital Engagement/eCommerce solutions, preferably in a global, retail environment
· Ability to provide direction, alignment & motivation for change
· Business acumen coupled with technology understanding and awareness
Responsibilities for this role will include, but are not limited to:
· Provides thought leadership, and gains consensus and alignment across the organization, for appropriate standards and services to deliver Azure cloud workloads in an agile, secure and cost-optimized manner
· Ensures 24/7 operations of our Global, Azure and Private Clouds through Managed Service Providers
· Runs Demand Management and Fulfillment processes for all Azure infrastructure and service requests across IaaS, PaaS, Serverless, and Foundational workloads, and ensures Infrastructure as Code stacks and overall capabilities are aligned to organizational demand
· Manages Operations of the Azure platform, including critical alert notification and event response by appropriate service organizations, critical service availability, reporting, ongoing standards compliance, and overall change and patch management for non-immutable workloads
· Creates and executes strategy to modernize legacy workloads, in particular promoting evolution to container and serverless architectures, and encouraging immutable infrastructure practices through tools and services
· Approves all cloud process, standards, and documentation changes from the internal team, as well as from supporting areas and managed service partners
· Develops and manages program scope, budget, and schedules in accordance with approved plans
· Allocates and manages project resources; ensures that knowledgeable and empowered resources are made available in a timely manner for all delivery and strategic initiatives
· Has direct management responsibility for internal team of 5-7 employee architects and service managers, including hiring, coaching, performance management and development