Director, Business Operations (BizOps)
Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row we made the Inc. 500. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and will surpass $125 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, all while maintaining strong profitability.
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews to see why our employees love us!
- BizOps is at the intersection of Business, Operations, and Product. This cross-functional, highly visible role will be the central hub to key stakeholders across various functions such as Sales, Analytics, Credit, Technology, and Legal.
- Develop a playbook of best-in-class strategies to optimize the conversion funnel, streamline operations, and transform the business.
- Strategize and execute on the operational process improvement roadmap. Leverage technology and automation where possible without sacrificing customer experience.
- Launch high-impact initiatives that increase conversion rate, improve customer NPS, decrease costs, and reduce manual processes.
- Establish, obsess over, and own key operations metrics. Create KPI monitoring dashboard infrastructure to facilitate real-time decision-making based on data.
- Further our culture of “Data + Action” by leading analyses that include structured and unstructured data, providing recommendations, and executing on initiatives that move our business forward.
- Work closely with Sales and Underwriting teams to identify and implement opportunities for process improvement.
- Lead the day-to-day by actively monitoring daily operations and proactively resolving issues as they arise. Implement systematic controls to reduce operational risk and ensure high uptime.
- Source and diligence innovative technology vendors that expand our operations toolkit.
- Be the subject matter expert on operations, and stay abreast of key trends and industry insights.
- Mentor junior team members and build out BizOps team.
- Chicago candidates preferred.
- At least 7 years of work experience including consulting experience from a top-tier management consulting firm, direct experience in Operations or Process Improvement, and at least 2 years of managerial experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Possess a best-in-class playbook of effective operational strategies that have been proven to grow and scale businesses.
- Must have demonstrated quantifiable, high-impact achievements in previous roles.
- High degree of proficiency working with data. Familiar with SQL, Periscope, Tableau, and other similar tools.
- All-around “athlete” who is intellectually curious, highly analytical, and purposefully strategic.
- Ability to multi-task, execute quickly, and get things done. Not afraid to roll up sleeves and lead by example.
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and complicated problems, and create rigorous solution methodologies.
- Results-driven, goal-oriented mindset with high intent on delivering impactful eventualities.
- Resourceful, tactful, and motivational influencer who collaborates actively to get things done.
- Organized, meticulous, and detail-obsessed individual.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in conveying analytical findings with key stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- CTA & Metra benefit program.
- Free gym membership.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships.
- 401(k) match program.
- Free OppLoans apparel.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Fun, fast-paced work environment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture and environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Free health benefit options.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events (happy hours, massages, game nights, private yoga sessions, catered
- breakfasts, etc.).
- Dual monitors and stand-up work stations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.