Director, Environmental Sustainability at ServiceNow (Remote)
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Director, Environmental Sustainability
Join ServiceNow-and build a better tomorrow! ServiceNow is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
ServiceNow is committed to sustainability and has publicly committed to achieving Net Zero GHG emissions by 2030, twenty years ahead of the deadline called out in the Paris Climate Accord. Initiatives include investing in various green tech projects, setting company-wide environmental targets, engaging our supply base in the path to Net Zero and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use, and waste generation.
The director, environmental sustainability is a leadership role, reporting to ServiceNow's vice president of global sourcing and workplace services. This role will be responsible for leading collaborative cross-organization global teams, to develop and evolve ServiceNow's environmental processes and procedures to ensure compliance with the commitments the company has made to our shareholders and the public at large.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Strong interpersonal skills: excellent communication skills, strong relationship builder, solid influencing and negotiation skills, and the ability to coach at multiple levels.
- Experience leading change across multiple sites/locations and the ability to influence those that are not direct reports or within your organization.
- Function as a subject matter expert in environmental management systems and be an effective communicator capable of sending clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing.
- Leadership and development of a global team of environmental professionals.
- Lead and deliver on ServiceNow's environmental multi-year strategy to ensure progress and ultimate achievement to ServiceNow's environmental goals.
- Influence and interface with ServiceNow executives, and organizations to maintain environmental performance aligned to ServiceNow's environmental strategy, inclusive of goals, targets, and standards.
- Establish environmental performance leading indicators to drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Partner with various internal stakeholders and maintain active relationships with business stakeholders, site operations teams, as well ability to collaborate with other support organizations such as global supplychain, datacenter operations, legal, and global policy organizations.
- Monitor and track applicable environmental regulations and effectively capture opportunities for improvement and facilitate the implementation of these improvements.
- Interface and influence regulatory agencies, government officials, and industry leaders in developing and implementing new environmental regulations.
- Ensure compliance through audit and oversight processes to global environmental programs.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Have demonstrated strong influencing and leadership skills at all levels of an organization, including executive management.
- Analytical & innovative thinker with a demonstrated ability to challenge boundary conditions and develop innovative solutions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with an emphasis on the ability to communicate complex technical topics in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, both internal and external to the company.
- Comfortable presenting on challenge topics
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- The candidate must have a BS degree or higher.
The candidate must also have a minimum of 10 years of experience in:
- Establishing effective cross-functional relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Servant leadership: "serve" people, either directly as a people manager or through the leadership of other teams.
- Global environmental regulatory requirements.
- Master's or Ph.D. in Chemical or Environmental Engineering or a related field.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Environmental Laws and Regulations (e.g., CAA, CWA, EPCRA, GHG, RCRA, DOT, OSHA, etc.) and sustainability topics;
- Principal Environmental Engineer.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental trends, policies, and programs.
- Strategic planning.
- Experience in external forums, and other industry leaders.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.