Director, Global Consumer Fraud at Groupon
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Groupon is looking for a Director to oversee Global Consumer Fraud. This role will lead a distributed team consisting of site integrity specialists, chargeback specialists, consumer fraud specialists and consumer fraud analysts. In addition to team management this individual will be expected to manage all third party fraud prevention and detection vendors to improve our current methods.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- Handle, review and improve fraud investigations, tech and operational solutions.
- You will review bookings and week-over-week and month-over-month trends.
- Maximize win rates, improve productivity, improve tech implementations with fraud eng team.
- Dedicatedly pursue and drive opportunities for improvement within the organization.
- Work cross-functionally across the organization.
- Track and manage key business metrics.
Experience successfully managing a globally distributed team
- 7+ years of E-commerce fraud expertise
- Experience leading individual contributors and managers
- Ability to travel globally about 10-20%
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically data report-outs
- Experience with chargebacks required
- Tableau experience is strongly preferred
- You are a dynamic, analytical and clear communicator (written and verbal)
- You possess strong process management skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Excellent prioritization skills for time management, projects, etc.
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Creative problem solving capability
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.