Director, Infrastructure & IT Operations at OppFi (Chicago, IL)
OppFi is a leading financial technology platform that powers banks to help the everyday consumer gain access to credit. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, OppFi helps consumers who are turned away by traditional providers build a better financial path. OppFi is an Inc. 5000 company for five straight years, a Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, and the seventh fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain's Chicago Business. The company was also named on Forbes America 2021 list of America's Best Startup Employers and Built In's 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago. We welcome individuals to join us in facilitating financial inclusion and credit access for everyday consumers to live the life they deserve.
OppFi is a team of caring, innovative, and inclusive individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every day and know you are a part of making a difference. Our company values guide us and create an open and collaborative culture where we hold the door, say what we see, do what we say, and dare to win together!What you get to do:
The Director, Infrastructure & IT Operations, will lead, plan, organize and direct the activities of the IT Infrastructure/Operations and Service Desk teams to deliver, maintain, and support IT services.
- Partner with technology, business, functional and operational leaders to develop the roadmap/strategy and oversee large programs for your area of responsibility
- Collaborate with project teams, technology, and business to ensure that new services and upgrades are implemented without adverse impact on the company's operations
- Identify opportunities to drive efficiency, cost savings and scale for IT while supporting the organisation’s growth.
- Build, manage, coach, and mentor a team of system administrators, service desk, IT operations and other specialists
- Act as point of escalation for IT service delivery concerns from the business, ensuring business impacts are identified and discussed
- Develop and enhance business continuity/disaster recovery planning and test execution.
- Manage operating and project investment budgets to target; plan, forecast future needs; identify creative ways to create value through IT while striving to lower costs.
- Establish and direct the change management, incident management, incident response, and other core IT processes
- Develop plans to identify and fix causes of outages and incidents following agreed-upon change control and release management processes
- Conduct periodic evaluation of licenses and services to ensure appropriate licensing levels, re-evaluating needs, and confirming cost/budget agreement
- Negotiate and oversee vendor contracts for licensing, maintenance, implementation, operations, and ongoing support to ensure IT SLAs are met in cost-effective ways.
- Develop SaaS management strategy, proactively monitoring and managing the lifecycle of all the software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications within a company's portfolio
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- 8+ years of infrastructure and IT operations experience, with experience in a similar role
- 5+ years of demonstrated competence in people and project leadership across diverse departments or teams
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems
- Experience managing and administering a cloud-based distributed company network and different SaaS applications
- Experience with cybersecurity and security operations
- Hands-on, collaborative leadership style with a heavy focus on business engagement
- Comfortable operating in a high-intensity and evolving environment
- Mentor, coach, and transfer expertise to others
- Experience negotiating and managing service provider contracts
- Experience implementing ITIL within IT
Reports to:Chief Information Security Officer
Job Level: Director
The minimum salary for this role is $156,803. The total compensation package includes eligibility for performance-based bonuses as well as a 1-time equity grant based on level.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations.
Define your career at OppFi
OppFi is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience from Day 1. Key new hire programs include Day 1 Orientation, training with your manager and team, lunches with our CEO and President, and an educational summit featuring presentations by our senior leaders. Throughout and beyond your first-year journey, you'll have access to a variety of events focused on culture, inclusion, connection, and education. We want you to feel welcomed, informed, and valued for who you are and what you bring to our company.
- Day 1 - Month 3: Define Your Mission
You’ll understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your position at OppFi plays a part in that. With the help of your manager, you’ll set mission-aligned goals to make an impact in your role.
- Months 3 - 6: Define Your Belonging
You’ll understand OppFi’s culture and know how to engage with and influence that culture.
- Months 6 - 12: Define Your Journey
You’ll feel confident in your ability to execute in your role and empowered to take next steps in developing your career at OppFi.Compensation and Benefits
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
OppFi is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any actual or perceived legally recognized protected bases under local, state, or federal law or regulations. Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].