Director of Merchandising, FTD
FTD Companies (Nasdaq:FTD) is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world.
With new leadership across all executive levels, FTD has a mandate and opportunity to invest in elevating our brands, assortment and technology across the entire enterprise.
This is an exciting time to join the FTD merchandising team, as we completely reinvent the merchandising strategy and product assortment from the ground up.
In a newly defined role, the Director of Merchandising at FTD will have the opportunity to:
- Deep dive on FTD's everyday assortment, identifying opportunities to streamline and reinvent core styles and address key gifting occasions
- Define and launch compelling seasonal assortment, inspired by consumer insights and leading market trends
- Reinvent our pricing strategies, informed by analytics and robust testing
- Partner with demand planning to forecast accurately and maximize profits through dynamic inventory and supply chain planning
- Evaluate weekly, monthly, quarterly and seasonal business performance and identify near and long term opportunities to further maximize sales and profit
- Partner with sourcing, quality, customer service and external vendors to ensure excellence in product quality and customer experience
- Influence on-site merchandising, marketing and PR to define and launch compelling launch campaigns, driving awareness, traffic, and conversion
- Attend floral, home decor and gifting trade shows and visit floral vendors in Colombia and Miami
- Establish new processes and identify new opportunities to innovate within a culture of complete transformation
- Recruit and develop a high-performance merchandising team, supporting a culture of growth and innovation in our newly opening downtown Chicago office
You love product and retail innovation and are excited about the opportunity to reinvent the FTD customer experience through flowers, design and technology.
- 10+ years Merchandising experience within a fast-paced retail environment
- Strong business acumen, with consistent track record of sales and profit growth
- Passion for product innovation and technology
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership and ability to influence up, down and across
- Ability to flex seamlessly between analytical and creative thinking, strategic planning and execution
- Experience recruiting and developing a team
- Ecommerce experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor Degree required, MBA preferred
What we offer:
Join our team and be a part of driving an exciting transformation. In this role you will have tremendous impact on redefining our customer experience and driving direct impact to our business performance.
Enjoy the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, 401K), and help redefine our company culture as we put down new roots in our new downtown Chicago office.