Director of Strategic Business Consulting – Restaurant Focus (REMOTE) at Epsilon
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Summary of Responsibilities
Epsilon is seeking a high performing Senior Director, Strategic Business Consulting focused on leading digital and data-driven marketing strategy, integration of paid and owned marketing, and business solutioning of marketing data, tools, and technology. The Senior Director will translate complex business challenges into tangible opportunities for improvement that drive growth for our clients and grow Epsilon strategic services and organization-wide revenue and profitability.
This position will report into the Strategic Business Consulting practice which combines traditional management consulting methodologies with digital marketing and technology experience. The mission is to help Fortune 500 CMOs, CDOs and CTOs transform their marketing organizations to adopt, grow and capitalize on the latest, disruptive marketing technologies and tools.
The Work You’ll Do
You will lead client consulting engagements for Epsilon’s clients, collaborating in the cultivation and execution of marketing strategy and transformation engagements that create business value for clients and generate growth for Epsilon.
Senior-level client delivery leader, able to represent multiple strategy disciplines. Works on complex issues for multiple enterprise level clients, driving cross-disciplinary teams through a prescriptive marketing optimization roadmap. Demonstrates strong domain expertise in a particular industry or marketing function as the senior voice the room for strategy engagements. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Data-driven and digital marketing
- Integration of paid and owned marketing
- Business solutioning of marketing data, tools, and technology
- Traditional CRM, loyalty, and customer-centric marketing planning
- Business, marketing, or technology transformation experience
• Superior grasp of financial analysis and business case concepts
• Superior relationship skills, service oriented
• Innovative problem solver, able to challenge conventional approaches.
• Able to independently lead multiple consulting engagements for Enterprise accounts, managing all key internal and external stakeholders
• Strong business acumen and understanding of industry or practice-area subject matter.
• Designs and develops the strategy-led story in client pursuits, applying strategy capabilities to solve marketing problems.
• Leads the room with industry or domain expertise.
• Prices and scopes core areas of pitch responses.
• Exemplary communicator to both internal and external constituents.
• Strong business writing acumen, can convey complex ideas clearly and concisely for professional audiences.
• Leads engagement strategy for multiple Enterprise (tier 1) strategy relationships.
• Handles tough situations with clients, negotiates contracts and deliverables to stay on budget.
• Manages scope and deliverables for multiple projects on multiple accounts.
• Lead and develop the career path for a team of 3-10 direct reports and scale their influence across the organization.
• Develop and secure revenue opportunities by leading pursuit teams for strategic services and Epsilon-wide solutions with clients and prospects.
• Comfort around higher management, hiring and staffing, Strategic agility, Managing vision and purpose, Dealing with paradox
• 15+ years
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
• Strong candidates will have specific experience in best-in-class, data-driven and digital marketing.
• Experience with a traditional management consulting firm is strongly preferred.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.