ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 145,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 145,000 today to millions.
The Director of Technical Support is responsible for the strategic leadership and ongoing tactical execution of the global Technical Support team at ActiveCampaign. You will build and lead a worldwide team of highly skilled managers, support engineers and specialists to deliver effective and efficient service. This role is key to driving and delivering world-class client experiences supporting a rapidly-evolving and fast-scaling support environment and a complex SaaS product business.
What your day could consist of:
- Helps to build a world-class support organization for ActiveCampaign globally
- Develops a high performing team through implementing and coaching to individuals and team performance metrics.
- Holds people accountable and ensures a high level of engagement and skill across the teams.
- Identifies and develops leaders and stars within the team.
- Develops and maintains operational plans that ensure adequate technical support coverage and meets anticipated future demand.
- Monitor product quality metrics (ticket/JIRA volumes, escalation rates, issue categorization and prioritization, etc)
- work as the advocate for the customer to drive product improvements and issue resolution within technical support and engineering teams.
- Develops and implements effective Incident Management workflows, protocols and communications.
- Serves as the executive management point for key escalations and system incidents, ensures cross-organizational communication
- Streamline and/or build critical business tools, operational processes and documentation to ensure operational excellence and improve the customer experience
- Is an inspirational leader with a passion for service excellence and customer experience
- Helps shape and execute updated workflows, processes, procedures and overall efficiency improvements, plus customer service best practices
- Acts as a point of escalation.
- Interfaces directly with both customers and internal departments to advocate on behalf of customer needs
- Leads projects and initiatives to scale the team to a 24/7 global operations.
What is needed:
- Professional experience in technical support operations with 5+ years in a senior management role.
- Track record of success in building and maintaining high-performing technical support teams in an SaaS environment
- Passion for continuous improvement with the ability to analyze and enhance current processes through implementation of best practices
- Experience driving projects to improve support-related processes
- Proven track record of effectively working with other departments within the organization to align strategies, remove roadblocks, and develop efficiencies that enhance the customer experience
- Strong planning, process, and analytical skills; a driver around the use of data to make decisions
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to motivate others to perform and achieve results within a diverse team
- A strong mentor who pays personal attention to the growth and development of others, and provides ongoing and constructive feedback while creating developmental opportunities
- Ability to work on a global scale with an appreciation for a variety of cultures and a general understanding of how business is conducted in key locations throughout the world
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and achieving growth and success.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Experience working and driving result in high-growth environments.
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.