Director, Technology Operations Audit at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
With some of the brightest minds working to build innovative products and technologies that support that mission, we are looking for an experienced Director, Technology Operations Audit. This role will contribute to the ongoing development of the Internal Audit function and to Affirm’s efforts to enhance its existing operational and technology risk management capabilities.
This role will report directly to the VP of Internal Audit and will be responsible for developing and executing against an audit strategy that is agile, forward-thinking, and provides excellent assurance coverage for the organization. The development of such a strategy will require a candidate that can gain an in-depth understanding of our business model, technology and effectively partner with various functions across Product Management, Engineering, Information Security, other organizations.
You will partner with our VP to develop professional practice standards and build a risk-based audit plan. Additionally, you will manage, lead, and execute complex technology, information security, privacy, and operational reviews and audits. Furthermore, you will work with various second lines of defense, to perform readiness assessments across areas impacting Product Management and Engineering.
Finally, you will also be responsible for building positive relationships throughout Affirm while providing consultation on risks, governance, and internal controls and thereby preserving Internal Audit’s position as a valuable corporate resource.What you'll do:
- Collaborate with the VP of IA to develop and implement an audit program and approach to performing technology and operational audits.
- Work with business partners to assess sophisticated technologies and evaluate Affirm’s technology risk management capabilities and controls across the corporate and customer environments.
- Build a risk-based audit plan that includes an assessment of all relevant risk factors.
- Assist and contribute to Affirm’s Internal Audit strategy and roadmap.
- Contribute to the development of Affirm’s Internal Audit Professional Practices. Assist in the implementation of processes and tools supporting the Practices.
- Ensure overall quality and consistency of audit work and adherence to department and professional standards for audits. Continuously seek opportunities for audit process improvement.
- Identify and develop audit techniques including continuous auditing, data analysis, and monitoring leveraging Affirm’s platform and technology.
- Actively assist in recruiting, screening, hiring, developing, and mentoring auditors. Develop and maintain a healthy, collaborative team environment and strong group morale.
- Continue to develop and expand knowledge of the audit profession, our industry, and Affirm products and information through self-study, research, and continuing education efforts.
- Adhere to and comply with applicable federal & state laws and regulatory guidance, as well as Affirm’s policies and procedures.
- 13+ years of industry (internal audit) and consulting experience with a focus on technology, information security, privacy and operational audits.
- Bachelors or equivalent in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or other related fields. Appropriate certifications in auditing are preferred (i.e. CISA, CISM, CISSP or equivalent).
- Tried experience handling a portfolio of audits, concurrent oversight, and execution of multiple projects.
- Validated experience, skills, and knowledge with IIA and ISACA Professional Practices and Standards.
- Experience auditing credit and fraud risk management programs and technologies (ML models etc.)
- Experience in Financial Services, Lending, and SaaS or technology-related companies
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.