Director, Workforce Management at Grubhub
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As a Director, you will be responsible for leading all related activities within your area and in the Care organization, including conducting a deep dive into your area and making problems visible, finding the root causes and then developing and deploying sustainable resolutions. The Director will also drive the long-term strategy for your area and provide consulting and strategic support to the entire organization. This position reports to the VP,Care and will have frequent interaction with the CFO and CEO.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Driving a culture of Continuous Improvement throughout the Care organization
- Actively contribute to the overall Care leadership operational targets, as well as, our daily business decisions
- Hands-on development and management of contact center quality practices and processes
- Deliver results against a defined scope of work that includes measurable ROI, strategic innovation, performance reporting, and human capital development
- Drive strategic initiatives and support the development of long-term growth plans and profitability goals
- Serve as a key stakeholder in the design and implementation of performance standards and measurements as well as policies and procedures for best in class customer service levels
- Direct the team’s overall recruiting, staffing, scheduling and performance management
- Create a positive and focused team environment by expecting high performance levels, promoting empowerment and good judgment, and communicating with transparency
- Conduct regular one-on-one and team meetings, performance reviews, and other checkpoints to provide coaching and keep a pulse on the team
- Provide feedback to and work alongside with the Care management team on quality issues, conducting root cause analysis with corrective and preventive action plans
- Collaborate with the Leadership team (the VP of Care and your peers) to align on Care-wide strategy and projects
You Should Have
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Demonstrated effective leadership and people management skills
- Proven ability to build an effective team, while continuing to develop, coach and motivate
- Well versed in contact center specific Workforce Management concepts and tools
- Track record of successful process improvements and guiding others to succeed
- A natural leadership presence and air of authority; experience motivating and driving performance for people without direct reporting relationships
- Creative problem solving and analytical skills; ability to develop/implement process improvements
- Flexibility with your schedule and willingness to work unconventional shifts, including weekends and several holidays throughout the year
- Ability to act quickly, stabilize escalated situations, multitask, and adapt to frequent changes
- Develops methods to measure effectiveness of WFM planning & scheduling processes and uncover insights and opportunities
- Creates reporting infrastructure that allows the business to clearly understand root causes of Service Level misses on a daily basis, and even throughout the day
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Got These? Even Better:
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Lean, Six Sigma Green Belt or Six Sigma Black Belt
- Familiarity with SQL, Statics and/or Tableau
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.