Electrical Controls Engineer
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Electrical Controls Engineer will work under the direction of the VP of Engineering to execute the industrial control and programming strategy for GTI’s cultivation and production facilities.
This role will oversee site-level industrial controls, networking, and security related to cultivation environments and process automation. The Electrical Controls Engineer shall aid in the development of the industrial communication infrastructure and act to plan, deploy, and troubleshoot new functionality for site-level projects. This role will be responsible for overseeing direction of external vendors in keeping with GTI’s goals and standards.
The right candidate for us has a strong electrical engineering background, experience in industrial networking, and is comfortable working cross-functionally with both external vendors and internal stakeholders. If you are a problem-solving, agile team player with no ego, get stuff done with excellence human, we want to connect!
This role may be based either in our Chicago headquarters, or in one of our production facilities. Significant travel (50%) is required.
- Act as the site-level focal point/interface between the operational technology (OT), IT, and security infrastructures.
- Ensure that all new site-level controls, networking, and security projects are planned and integrated in keeping with the GTI enterprise-level OT and IT direction
- Work with integrators, contractors, and site personnel to bring new functionality online and to troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Work with site reliability and facilities personnel to develop and execute preventative maintenance plans as relates to OT/IT/security hardware
- Maintain up to date as-built records and drawings for OT, IT, and security deployments
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited institution
- 2+ years in Operational Technology, with experience troubleshooting and resolving electrical and control systems issues
- Proficiency reading and understanding engineering drawings including electrical diagrams and P&IDs
- Industrial networking/IT experience, including experience in the administration of Microsoft collaboration software and infrastructure (Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Active Directory)
- CPG/Manufacturing experience is preferred
- Proficiency with Ladder Logic, Wonderware, Rockwell, or similar engineering tools and platforms preferred
- Able to travel (50%)
- Strong verbal / written communication, presentation skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage large-scale projects from conception to implementation
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision; highly independent / flexible setting priorities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and shift focus between tasks / projects
- Ability to collaboratively lead / influence stakeholders across organizational functions
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description