Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Individuals with the Endpoint Administrator role implement the processes and technologies to support, organize, modify, and otherwise maintain DFIN's computer systems as they relate to end user devices. They, install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve DFIN's endpoint environment. They ensure the standard delivery and maintenance of applications, configurations, and security policies (patches, anti-virus, and encryption) at the endpoint.
This individual will be part of a team responsible for our global footprint of corporate endpoints and associated infrastructure. Endpoint Administrators are responsible for the design and implementation of our Virtual Desktop (VDI), Windows OS, and Mac OS infrastructure. The Endpoint Administrator demonstrates knowledge of endpoint design, build, and patching (including security compliance).
Endpoint Administrators need good communication skills and must be able to work collaboratively with clients and other technical colleagues. Individuals work across functional areas of DFIN and use a strong customer service mindset to ensure that projects, service requests, and incidents are resolved in a professional manner. They share their expertise and provide individual training and support. Endpoint Administrators work with other technical staff and vendors to provide IT services to DFIN and our customers.
- Responsible for the effective & efficient provisioning of endpoint hardware and software. Including VDI, Windows 10 and Mac OS in an enterprise environment
- Ability to serve as an escalation point for incident, problem, and change management
- Create environment and process for simple break/fix endpoint replacement to minimize disruption to end users when computing issues arise.
- Accurately record requests, incidents and resolutions into the help ticketing system
- Install, configure and troubleshoot hardware, including desktops, laptops, and peripheral equipment.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot software packages, including operating systems, desktop software, and custom applications.
- Contact hardware and/or software vendor support for problem resolution
- Lead Security/Compliance/Privacy/Risk Reviews, and assist remediation as necessary
- Implement migrations and upgrades aligned with endpoint architecture roadmap
- Participates in short- and long-term project efforts with stakeholders and IT groups.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation
- Maintain, and adhere to DFIN technical standards, policies, and procedures
The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience with mid to large-sized companies (500+ associates) and has demonstrated:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in engineering, computer science, information systems or similar.
- 5 years experience in Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server
- 5 years experience designing, building, and deploying workstation operating system builds, specifically including Microsoft Windows 10
- 5 years experience with Windows OS and software configuration and troubleshooting skills, including Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
- 3 years experience deploying, supporting, and troubleshooting desktop virtualization technologies
- 5 years of working knowledge of registry settings, logging, and reporting
- 5 years experience of hardware and peripherals with experience supporting Windows 7 and Windows 10 in a networked environment
- 5 years experience and skill administering enterprise desktop management tools, endpoint security tools
- 3 years experience with scripting (PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Passionate about customer service, user experience, and being an example for the greater team.
- Familiarity with the financial services industry is desirable but not required.
- Experience with Tanium management platform
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Microsoft Deployment Tool
- Mac OS and JAMF
- Experience with ESXi or HyperV
- Ability to successfully balance multiple simultaneous demands & self-adjust to meet shifting priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]