Escalations Engineer at Cisco Meraki (Chicago, IL)
We change the World, we are passionate about our employer and the brand we represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll be part of a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
- be a part of a Technical Service team of extraordinary technical engineers who are excited to grow into the "Support of last resort" for systemic technical issues experienced by our highest-value customers that cannot be resolved through the normal Support process.
- Your average work week might consist of working on assigned critical issues, monitoring/responding to Escalation calls/threads, and coding/automating test plans associated with critical issues.
- might also have 20% travel
We are an organization that provides the highest level of technical support for all Cisco Meraki products to Cisco customers, partners, account teams and other support engineers. As a valued member of this team, you are empowered to work across departments and mobilize resources when vital.Who you arededicate 70% of your time to operational responsibilities
- build, implement and analyze technical test plans to acquire data needed to validate critically important networks
- model RF, network, and application performance using industry-standard tools.
- learn swiftly to navigate difficult political conversations, and strategically take charge of complex situations
- read, weigh-in, and potentially scope defects
- focus on certifications and learn programming languages
- attend industry meetups, webinars, and conferences
- know the latest on networking standard methodologies and competitor solutions
- Explore new tools and investigate advancements in the field of computer networking
- use knowledge gained from operational work to provide in-depth documentation
- present interesting escalations/projects to Support and other Meraki business units to share insights
- actively enrolled in or have completed an associate-level networking certification (CWNA, CCNA, etc)
- experience completing a programming/automation project
- proficient in customer service and stakeholder management
- exposure handling critical issues
- recorded documentation efforts
- validated troubleshooting skills within wireless, cellular networking, routing, switching, network security technologies (security appliances, firewalls, VPN, IDS/IPS), or large scale closed-circuit video deployments
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars! We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.