Event Coordinator, Kapow
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to event professionals around the world. Our suite of services – online event registration, venue selection, mobile apps, email marketing, web surveys, and targeted hotel advertising opportunities – have positioned us a major player in the estimated $565 billion global meetings and events industry.
We're looking for Event Coordinators who are ready to take the first steps toward leadership roles at Cvent. As a consultant, you will join our dynamic, close-knit Client Services department and gain best-in-class customer service experience. This is a great opportunity to build a career at a company that's transforming its industry.
Event Coordinator serve as our clients' primary point of contact while they are using Kapow's software. In this role, you will be responsible for exercising an expert-level of product knowledge to ensure our clients are able to realize the full benefits of Kapow's software.
The ideal candidate should be extremely motivated with excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fun work environment. We're looking for someone who gets excited about having an important impact on a successful, growing company known for its customer service. Our Client Services team is made up of people from various educational backgrounds including, but not limited to: business, psychology, communications and computer information systems.
What You Will Be Doing
- Collaborate with Account Manager(s) to execute events for assigned portfolio of accounts from start to finish
- Compare contracts against experience to ensure booking consistency including (date/ time/ headcount/ menu/ etc.)
- Review, sign, send and file BEO for all assigned events
- Collaborate with vendors and venue partners to answer client questions, create timelines and run of show documents, coordinate event logistics, facilitate headcount/date/timing/menu changes, etc.
- Work with clients to make sure all event needs are met
- Build rapport and trust with assigned accounts to anticipate client needs and secure repeat business
What You Need for this Position
- A Bachelors Degree (required)
- 2-4 years of related professional event planning/coordination experience
- Capable of meeting/exceeding goals
- Strong ability to manage clients and vendors and develop long term, trusting relationships
- Creative, innovative and insightful on local and national event trends with a passion for consistently delivering great events
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced, dynamically changing environment
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment but also exercise and act upon independent judgment with vision, confidence and a discerning eye towards delivering "experiences"
- Excellent multitasking, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding event details
- Vendor/partner management and negotiations skills
- Strong oral, written communication, and creative writing skills
- Computer/technology: Word, Excel, Salesforce
Working at Cvent
- Aetna PPO Health Insurance, dental and vision insurance
- Award-winning company culture
- Health club membership discount
- International travel opportunities
- Company Sponsored Social Events
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace