Event Coordinator at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is the 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $37 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We’re technology driven, have tons of energy and we love what we do – great people and great products alongside our impeccable customer service (83 NPS, unheard of!). We’re in a Ravenswood loft style office building with exposed brick and duct work, and windows we can actually open during the summer. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Not just major holidays, we have any holiday parties -- Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day, you get the picture.
- Access to our free nurse practitioner/acupuncturist and massage therapist.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health care coverage – dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
- Best of all, we help you become a homeowners with a big fat employee discount on the origination fees. Already own? We offer discounted refinances through Guaranteed Rate.
We are currently seeking a hard-working, dedicated Events Coordinator to join our innovative and passionate team.
So what do we want from you?
- Plan/execute event details to ensure cohesive results for GRI’s image and brand identity at events.
- Impeccable customer service – you’ll be interacting with hundreds of Loan Officers across the US to help execute their perfect event.
- Negotiate with venues, event organizers, contractors, and hotels on agenda and cost proposals until contract completion.
- Organize leisure outings including offsite tours, group activities, dining and social experiences.
- Direct the planning/execution of timelines and logistics for each event.
- Creation of marketing materials and signage consistent with GRI image.
- Create, maintain and execute event budget within the pre-approved expenditure allotments.
- Manage multiple events at one time.
- Creativity! How can this event be cooler, more fun or unique?
- Assist with onsite activation for large corporate events
- Patience and a positive attitude. Our company is rapidly growing so we have a constant influx of new Loan Officer’s; we want to make sure we are here to answer any questions, brainstorm cool event ideas and help them grow their business using our team.
Here’s the experience we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or another related field required
- 2+ years event planning/coordination
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to meet strict deadlines
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law. #LI-BB1