Job Description Summary
The Event Coordinator role will plan, organize and execute internal and external events, these will include client visits and meetings throughout our Insurance Service Group (ISG) and Automotive (ASG); as well as some administrative support for other service lines and internal corporate events. Day-to-day operations will include: planning events, ordering food, prepping and providing excellent customer service, maintaining room/hall calendars, clean-up, signage, and various other duties as assigned.
- Scheduling of events including identifying people, tracking acceptance, reserving space, making arrangements and prep.
- On the evening of the events this individual will proactively monitor event/client visit functions, ensuring that the event from beginning to end runs flawlessly
- Provides exceptional customer service in all interactions to include greeting clients and directing attendees.
- Maintain working relationships with outside catering/food companies to provide food services during events.
- Coordinating and supporting hospitality services to ensure meeting rooms are staged and thoroughly cleaned before and after events.
- Responsible for administrative duties that include, but are not limited to, coordination and distribution of various expense reports, creating daily room signs, managing supply inventory and ordering when necessary, etc.
- Establishing an effective method of communication between departments.
- Communicate any event changes in a timely manner to the relevant departments.
- Enter and retrieve information contained in computer databases using a keyboard, mouse, files, reservations, and answer inquiries from guests.
Reliability is critical for this role and while the typical schedule of the Event Coordinator is going to be 8am-5pm, there will be times where the events will be in the mornings as well as evenings. You will need to be able to adjust accordingly.
- 2-3 year’ experience with event coordination/planning or hospitality service highly preferred
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, with a focus on teamwork
- Reliability is a critical characteristic.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong organizational and project management skills
- Very well organized and ability to coordinate and multi-task various responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task & keep organized
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!