- You are the air traffic controller on the Chief Legal Officer & Chief Security Officer's roles.
- In this role, you’ll be responsible for managing requests for their time and prioritizing what’s important. You’ll have a pulse on what’s going on in their personal life to ensure that they maintain balance.
- The Executive Assistant’s main duties include understanding the executive’s key priorities, scheduling meetings and conference calls with internal/external groups (including for our board of directors), making travel arrangements and organizing daily calendars. To be successful in this role, you should be most of all-proactive, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, be detail and accuracy-oriented and independently recognize the need to prioritize or re-prioritize as appropriate. Our ideal candidate has previous experience as an Executive Assistant and is familiar with the legal space.
- The ideal candidate will also assist with preparation of professional presentations for a variety of internal and external meetings, including board meetings, coordinate signatures internally and externally, maintain corporate minute books, and assist with legal invoice processing.
- You help them manage all their relationships and communication
- Make sure we stay on top of follow-ups to internal stakeholders and clients.
- The executives are ready for all their meetings because of your preparation.
- When they have a client call, reach out to the account manager to get the latest on the account. Keep track of follow-ups from past meetings. Know what they need before they ask.
- Support the needs of CSO and CLO owned meetings.
- Ensure that logistics around security leadership and CLO meetings are taken care of, including submitting company-related expense reports on their behalf, meeting room set up, catering requests, board meeting coordination and other miscellaneous requests for our members. Comfortable implementing administrative processes, controls, governance, and/or compliance activities for new/changing aspects of our business as well as partnering with internal and external teams to ensure meeting success.
- You direct the flow of incoming information.
- Receive, screen and route all calls, mail, and other correspondence to the CLO and CSO or other appropriate individuals in the business. Proactively handle questions and information requests.
Key Personal Qualities
- Organized. You love keeping lists. You are prepared to discuss what’s coming up at any time.
- Motivated. You are extremely responsive.
- Detail-oriented. You have an eye for details and are thorough in everything you do. You proofread your work several times over
- Confidentiality. You must maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Professional relationship builder. You represent the CSO/CLO in every action you take and should be conscious of that as you build relationships throughout the organization.
- Strong work ethic. Ability to collaborate and get work done in a quick and efficient way
- Receptive to feedback. You seek out help and feedback when you need it, and adapt to any advice received
- Other Important Qualities:
- Willing to push back. You will get lots of requests for the CLO and CSO’s time/attention and you should have the ability to politely push back.
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity. Candidate should be comfortable working in an environment of constant change and should also be able to work confidently with a certain level of ambiguity.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A proven go-getter with demonstrated ability to deliver on your commitments and use sound judgment to troubleshoot issues as well as escalate when appropriate.
- Able to build relationships in all directions internally and externally
- 5-7 years in a role supporting an executive in a corporate legal or technology setting preferred
- Highly organized, analytical, flexible with shifting priorities and able to always exercise strong judgment
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse set of personalities
- High level of integrity and discretion
- Proven multitasker; able to manage large amounts of tasks and information
- Technical competency to review and edit documents
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- The role works with minimal supervision and uses own judgement to prioritize work and make decisions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Indicate the typical physical and/or environmental demands required to effectively handle the position responsibilities and their frequency.
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Available on nights and weekends as necessary