Executive Assistant to the CEO at ThinkMarkets
ThinkMarkets has an exciting opportunity for an Executive Assistant to our CEO, to be based out of our Chicago Office. The successful candidate will have significant experience supporting a Board level executive in a fast-paced global business. The right person for this position will have a professional and considered demeanor and will be an organized self-starter who can thrive in a high growth business, with the right set of skills to take on a range of projects and work independently.
This is a fast-paced role demanding a high level of discretion, excellent attention to detail and a flexible and responsive approach. As the EA to our CEO, you will be responsible for providing a complete administrative, organizational and support service to the CEO, from daily calendar and meeting management to strategic and special projects.
Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are necessary in order to succeed in this role.
- Provide Board level, operational and personal support to the CEO and Chairman for ThinkMarkets.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and detailed itineraries for the CEO including flights, hotel, rental vehicles and other travel logistics both domestically and internationally.
- Provide support with phone coverage, calendar management, meeting planning, report processing, mail handling, and other routine administrative duties, all with a sense of urgency and utmost confidentiality.
- Proactively manage all logistics and agendas for the CEO’s meetings. Organise complex diary appointments and management schedules, including prioritization, preparation, and forward planning.
- Manage and take minutes of internal and external meetings where necessary.
- Support with basic recruitment activities, such as arranging interviews.
- Support the Head of Corporate Services in general management of our Chicago office, as needed.
- Maintain confidential records and office files in accordance with internal company procedures.
- Greet visitors, determine their needs, and direct them to the appropriate person.
- Support with other ad hoc projects as necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree from an accredited financial institution in Business , Economics , Finance or Organizational Management
- At least 3 years of solid EA experience providing administrative support to senior leaders including those at a Board level.
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Outlook, Microsoft Project, OneNote, Windows, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Exceptional project coordination and multitasking skills while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality.
- Previous experience working within a global corporation i.e. liaising across different time zones (Preferred).
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage a high workload effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and great presentation skills.
- Robust experience with scheduling international travel.
- Previous experience of working for a financial services firm would be advantageous.
- Outstanding organizational skills, with a flexible approach to working.