Executive Assistant, Marketing and Strategy
The Executive Assistant, Marketing and Strategy provides executive and administrative support to our Chief Marketing Officer, and will eventually support our Chief Strategy Officer as well. We are seeking a high performing EA who is extremely organized, detail-oriented, flexible, creative, serious, committed, and passionate about his/her work. You need to be a team player with a positive attitude, professional disposition, and superb communication skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities under pressure while maintaining confidentiality and discretion. This role works closely and effectively with the CMO & CSO, but due to the visibility of the position, it’s imperative that you work well with all levels of company staff and external partners.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Keep CMO well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment & keeping Executives up to date
- Schedule meetings, organize projects, provide administrative support. Ensure CMO is prepared for all meetings and logistics are arranged to optimize time.
- Perform administrative duties and functions requiring confidentiality, initiative, and sound decision-making
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CMO's ability to effectively lead.
- Provide leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the marketing organization, and manage a variety of special projects, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Heavy calendar management. Plan, schedule and coordinate meetings and all associated logistics, department and off-site meetings, external group other events.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the Executive and process expense reports.
- Prepare agendas, make copies, set up rooms, coordinate with speakers, take and type notes, order/pick up/layout refreshments, etc.
- 5+ years relevant experience in a C-level, executive support or operations role at the highest corporate level required
- Proficient Mac or PC skills, including MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and & business enterprise systems)
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability to minimize potential problems. Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals & meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable drafting executive communication. Communicates openly and directly. Adjusts communication to level of audience. Responds professionally.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to stay on top of time sensitive projects and urgent requests, requiring a high level of flexibility and ability to execute quickly. Prioritizes tasks and meets deadlines with minimal supervision. Strong problem solving.
- Independently explores and learns about the company, the role and how to get things done in a complex environment.
- Strong team player. Collaborates well with other executive assistants and marketing leadership. Willing to chip in and help in other areas.
- Experience and skill creating and organizing presentations and reporting for executive audience
- Takes initiative to learn new systems and stay current in area of expertise