Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share -- or the condo you rented this weekend -- without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
About the Role:
The candidate will primarily support the COO, Head of Large Enterprise Sales - Platform, and the People Business Partner for Braintree. These executives report to and work regularly with PayPal Executive Staff, so will require someone experienced operating successfully at that level. You will participate in the fast-paced start-up culture of Braintree while facilitating connections with the broader PayPal organization. You will help enable collaboration and the successful working relationships between Braintree and PayPal in this important role.
- Heavy calendar management. Maintain calendar to manage meetings, travel, out of office, special events and important corporate meetings.
- Partner and network with other company executive assistants in order to collaborate, schedule meetings, obtain information, get things done and solve problems.
- Make travel arrangements expeditiously and accurately; gather and present information on travel times and alternatives in a clear, understandable format with all information needed to make a decision.
- Provide effective and expeditious meeting coordination with both internal and external partners.
- Work on assignments that are sensitive in nature.
- Prepare and track expense reports and receipts.
- Open/create purchase requisitions and handle other budget/financial process related activities.
- Produce PowerPoint and other written documents.
- Handle special projects as they come up.
- Email out on behalf of the executives when needed.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Thorough event planning skills for off-sites, team building, people celebrations, including, but not limited to, needs assessment, budget management, vendor relationship management, contract negotiation, food/beverages/gift selection, attendee list or registration management, and scheduling.
- Manage spot awards: submit and track spot award requests for teams as required; manage yearly consolidation of spot award by person, team and business unit; send communications to nominating committee, teams, managers and cost center approvers.
- Administer special tasks and projects.
- Serve as a proxy for approving personal time off, sabbatical requests, HR changes, expenses, system access, equipment requests, etc.
- Coordinate space needs: anticipate, assess and develop initial strategies for allocation of space for growth of teams; create and manage move requests for new hires, transfer or job rotations; manage on-site and offsite records storage.
- Assist managers with the annual and mid-year performance review process by collecting and creating peer feedback reports, scheduling performance and focal reviews, communicating deadline and procedural reminders.
- Create and manage email distribution lists for recurring meetings, periodic communications and team announcements to ensure the DL’s are up to date with current and relevant staff members
- This position requires the individual to exercise judgment and initiative. We are looking for someone who has high energy, a high degree of flexibility, can operate effectively in a very fast moving environment and has a strong ability to multi-task.
- Integrity is critical due to the confidential and sensitive access and nature of information and you must exhibit utmost discretion.
- Must anticipate needs of your executive to create efficiencies and effectiveness in their day to day work. Be the customer – understand and know the who, what, when, where and how for your executive’s needs.
- Quickly learns to navigate current and new systems, process, procedures.
- Independently and resourcefully manage, organize and prioritize tasks while working under pressure to meet multiple and overlapping deadlines and needs in a professional and even delighted way.
- Team Player: You assist the executives but you are a part of the Braintree staff and culture.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to envision and execute processes and procedures to achieve desirable results with simplification and clarity.
- Skilled at practicing good judgment and being tactful without sacrificing your personal brand, but making use of your meticulous decision-making skills, initiative, and common sense.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to interact with and influence different personalities, including executives internal and external, executive assistants and functional staff (i.e. IT, HR, Accounting, WPR, Security and Safety, etc.), and ideally developing and fostering productive relationships.
- Please write the year PayPal acquired Braintree in response to the skywriting question
- Deep existing PayPal relationships and knowledge of PayPal systems and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; business related major a plus.
Please include a cover letter that gives us a bit of insight into your current role. Don't let formalities get in the way of communication - we'd like to hear from you!
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.