If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
Responsibilities include optimization and support of complex communication systems and providing technical support of specialized systems and product applications including advanced troubleshooting of software driven electronics, provisioning of communication system infrastructure and performance optimization of RF and Broadband architecture.
· Proficient in computer network installation, configuration and maintenance systems to include cabling, routers, switches, firewalls and bridges.
· Capable of performing maintenance of server hardware/OS and software infrastructure and troubleshooting to resolve system/application related issues.
· Perform preventative maintenance routines to ensure proper system operation with focus on trend analysis and documentation of results
· Develop solutions to difficult technical problems encountered as part of system maintenance, upgrades or support issues
· Maintain, optimize, test and document complex communications systems.
· Team with engineering, project management and sales personnel to effectively maintain, optimize and support advanced communication systems which meet or exceed customer expectations
· Knowledge of wired communications systems, such as local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN)
· Experience with logging recording systems, RF interfaces, wired/wireless communications systems and networking equipment
· Provide weekly reports of activities and accomplishments
· Extensive Travel sometimes overseas required
· 2 year associate degree in electronics or IT preferred
· CompTIA or related certificate is highly desirable
· Security +, must be obtained within 6 Months of Hire date
· Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
· Strong self-management skills and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with Motorola’s customers and subcontractor (MSS) community, as well as Motorola Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and customer service teams
· Self-motivated and self-managed to perform the required duties at a distance from direct supervision
· Ability to solve customer problems quickly during stressful situations
· Excellent communication (oral and written) skills and must also have high sense of urgency, strong work ethic and is results oriented
· Must have a current, valid driver’s license and no traffic violations
**Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer**
4+ Years experience P25, LMR, RF, IP Networking, T1 Circuits, IT or Electronics Technician.
Security +, must be obtained within 6 Months of Hire date
Travel RequirementsOver 75%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.