Cloud5 Communications connects hotel guests and staff using fast, reliable, user-friendly data and voice communications. The unique combination of hospitality expertise and a holistic technology platform is what sets us apart. And our obsession to deliver excellence at every step in the client relationship is what fuels our growth, allowing us to serve more than 4,000 hotels and touch over 1,000,000 users each day. As the pioneer of high speed internet for the travel and hospitality industry, we’re leading innovation in the areas of cloud-based PBX/VOIP as well as WAN/LAN management with the goal of delivering guests a “just like home” connectivity experience that boosts guest satisfaction and loyalty for our clients.
The Field Engineer works closely with our Service Delivery Engineers and contractors to configure high speed internet access (HSIA) networks in the field and turn up new installations. This is an internally focused role that needs a process-driven and detail-oriented individual who is proficient with HSIA networking.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
- Work with techs/contractors on-site during HSIA installs and fully configure and secure new telephony installs
- Create documentation “as-builts” for installs
- Work with support team to hand off installs into the support environment
- Configure devices for break/fix tickets
- Create and maintain equipment config guides
- Create and maintain standardized equipment configs for all devices we ship
- Assist support with complex and/or priority networking issues
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma is required, post-secondary education in Computer Information field is preferred.
- CCNA level or equivalent certification (network +, HP MASE, CWNA)
- Expert network administration and support skills. Fluent understanding of large network implementations, network protocols, and network topologies
- Experience in complex, structured cabling jobs that include interior/exterior installations, terminating and testing Cat5/Cat6 and Fiber Optic Cabling
- Experience with configuring and installing Routers, Firewalls, Servers, Layer2/3 Ethernet Switches and Wireless Access Points in environments of varying complexity
- Excellent networking skills and understanding of high density Wi-Fi installations.
- Experience with computers and proficiency with software programs such as MS Office and Visio, and other industry recognized applications
- Excellent in troubleshooting complex problems in various network manufacturer equipment types
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and use proprietary software
- Willingness to adapt to changing environments
- High attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to work individually and in a multicultural team environment
- Great prioritization skills and the ability to multitask, while working under tight time constraints
- Experience with WiFi Survey and Predictive Analysis Software and tools such as Air Magnet and/or Ekahau Site Survey, Fluke WiFi Testers are a plus
- Basic IP Telephony and Network Monitoring Tools knowledge is a plus
- Travel up to 60% of work time
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to continuously sit.
Ability to lift up to 30 lbs constantly.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position is a combination of work in the field on customer premises and in an office environment.