Field Systems Technologist at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe US Federal Governments Markets Division is chartered with being the premier, compliant supplier of world-class communications solutions to the U.S. Federal Government by providing the highest quality products, systems and services. The USFGMD will achieve this with a professional,well-trained, diverse work force creating a positive and profitable customer relationship resulting in total Customer Satisfaction and growth of our business. The Federal Systems Technology department of the USFGMD is responsible for service supporting a charter of implementing and integrating complex systems sold worldwide to the US Federal Government. As a USFGMD Systems Technologist, you will be exposed to a wide variety of communications requirements in both the Presale and Post Sale phases of a project. These applications span the entire breadth of the US Federal Government throughout the world.
Position is a System Technologist for traveling position Applicant MUST be willing to travel at least 75% of the time, and be a self motivator. Responsibilities include troubleshooting, repair, installation, and customer training on Motorola Land Mobile Radio Products. This equipment includes Conventional, Trunking, Simulcast, Analog and Digital technologies. Must be able to verbalize and communicate concepts and recommendations to the customers and within the Motorola organization. Must have a detailed understanding of Motorola systems permitting the individual to assist in the troubleshooting and maintenance of Motorola’s product lines. Must have a though understanding of Motorola Astro 25 radio systems and software and how to program subscribers and infrastructure equipment. This position will be a traveling one. Candidates must be based within 1 hour from a major international airport.
Responsibilities include optimization and software support of complex communication systems.
Provide technical support of specialized systems and product applications including troubleshooting of software driven electronics, provisioning of communication system infrastructure and performance optimization of RF and Broadband architecture including, but not limited to,advanced digital P25 and data infrastructure. Maintain, optimize, test and document complex communications systems. Provide weekly reports of activities and accomplishments. Must have very strong knowledge of wired communications systems, such as local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN), must be proficient in computer network installation, configuration and maintenance systems to include cabling, routers, switches, firewalls and bridges. Must be capable of performing maintenance of server hardware/OS and software infrastructure and troubleshooting to resolve system/application related issues.
· Good working knowledge of windows, Linux or Redhat is a plus.
· Must have networking experience
· Must be highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
· Must have strong self-management skills and "people" skills to work closely with Motorola’s customers and subcontractor (MSS) community, as well as Motorola Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and customer service teams
· Must be self-motivated and self-managed to perform the required duties at a distance from direct supervision
· Must be able to solve customer problems quickly during stressful situations
Duties may also include:
· Perform preventative maintenance routines to ensure proper system operation with focus on trend analysis and documentation of results
· Develop solutions to difficult technical problems encountered as part of system maintenance, upgrades or support issues
· Continuous training in the latest technologies and troubleshooting techniques
· Team with engineering, project management and sales personnel to effectively maintain, optimize and support advanced communication systems which meet or exceed customer expectations
**Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer**
· 3+ years experience as an electronics, System Manager, Systems Technician, Field Technician or Networking
· High school degree or equivalent
· 2 year technical degree or equivalent experience.
· **Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer**
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.