Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn how to apply the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
As a deep technology and cloud/infrastructure leader reporting to the Head of the Cleantech Service Line, the Green Cloud Technical Strategist will help shape, win and deliver client projects related to green cloud, infrastructure and software development practices.
You'll spend time on the following:
- Be a visionary leader for the role technology and software can play in reducing environment impact and providing climate and sustainability solutions to customers across all industries including energy, finance, travel, tech, public sector, healthcare and more.
- Keep abreast of the latest open source tools, emerging best practices, competitor and commercial offerings. communicate and share these learnings and insights to the broader TW and tech industry community through blog articles and talks.
- Lead technical delivery of projects involving cloud migration, cloud native development, cloud/infrastructure optimization and/or green software engineering tools and practices.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to teams developing open source green cloud and green tech software tools.
- Support shaping and winning new client projects through customer meetings, presentations, and supporting project proposals.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Experience using one or more major cloud provider services (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience in delivering custom software, especially in relationship to innovation and increased velocity post cloud migration.
- Experience working in the tech industry hands on in development or infrastructure management roles.
- Strong executive communication skills and stakeholder management. Experience with public speaking/presenting or consulting.
- Experience working with on premise servers as part of the development lifecycle.
- Experience leading or working hands on with infrastructure optimization efforts such as containerization, performance improvements, cost optimizations, caching, data storage, etc on multiple projects.
- Experience working with green software engineering practices or sustainability related domains, and demonstrated passion for green tech such as side projects or conference talks.
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it’s deemed safe.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtworks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.