Who We Are:
We are on a mission to modernize the Logistics industry. We partner with our clients who are leading the industry beyond disruption. We bring transformational business strategies and digital products to our clients that make the world more efficient, connected and viable. We are inspired by people who are passionate, curious and want to innovate.
What You’ll Do:
As the Head of Consulting you will be responsible for leading the business consulting organization. You will serve as the primary internal business consulting stakeholder on matters related to project scope, planning, execution, and delivery. Acting as a member of the Leadership Team you will support the growth and development of the consulting organization and serve as the primary point of contact for communication up, down and across the organization.
- Responsible for leadership and management of the business consulting organization
- Lead and manage work with customers to plan and execute business consulting work
- Manage resource planning and allocation including forecasting project demand, identifying when new headcount is needed, planning the hiring and on-boarding of the new headcount as projects begin
- Identify new project opportunities at existing and prospective customers
- Define project delivery methodologies including repeatable structure for project planning, execution, and delivery
- Build and maintain systems for staying ahead of the curve on market best practices, innovation and improvements to continually grow and diversify our service offerings and approach to client projects
- Promote cross-functional knowledge sharing amongst consulting projects teams, technology teams, and the larger organization
- Create and present proposals and SOW’s for business consulting engagements, including:
- Defining the work that is needed
- Estimating resource needs and timelines for consulting work
- Applying pricing guidelines to consulting work
- Ensure business consulting engagements are delivered on time and to customer satisfaction
- Build relationships with key executives across current, past and prospective customers
- Provide coaching and development for business consulting team members
- Plan and manage the customer service department, including long-term strategy to scale to support anticipated demand
- Design consulting organization structure, defining roles and responsibilities and career progression plans for the organization
- Calculate, create and manage consulting rate cards / fee structures
- Track record of success leading the build-out of an organization or department
- Experience leading a wide variety of business consulting engagements from prospecting and scoping, to execution and delivery
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels to set expectations, deliver feedback, and manage work.
- Desire to coach, mentor and develop consulting team members
Why Work Here:
Our values are “Go the extra mile, do the right thing, speak your truth, stay hungry and curious, and be cool, no ego.” We work in an open environment where feedback is welcomed and encouraged and we are continuously seeking out how we can be better as individuals, as a team, and as a company. As a growing company, we encourage people that want to have a visible impact in how we build, operate, and perform to apply and join us!