We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As Head of Corporate Development you will build and execute investment and acquisition strategy to create significant value for our customers and help Relativity expand our presence within our current Legal Tech market and to adjacent markets. Relativity is a fast-growing leader in Legal Technology and your role will be to help further accelerate this organic growth and expand Relativity’s market via acquisitions and investments.
You will lead strategic thinking on acquisitions and investments and will own those opportunities end to end. In this role you will lead sourcing, evaluation, deal thesis, negotiation and execution of those deals. Your work will be very cross functional, cooperating closely with the Executive Team, strategy & biz ops team, finance team, product teams, and sales teams.
This role requires Executive Presence and Leadership, ability to be decisive and keep other leaders accountable, ability to work across the organization and ability to drive forward an ambitious agenda.
- Lead strategic thinking on how we further accelerate our organic growth with Investments and Acquisitions within Legal Technology and in Adjacent Markets.
- Evaluate and build a deal thesis for highly attractive targets within Legal Technology or in adjacent markets
- Work closely with the Strategy and Product teams to build and keep evergreen a comprehensive factbase of up and coming technologies in our space
- Own end-to-end deal management: create a target list of potential acquisitions, validate fit for terms, product roadmap, and other criteria, value the companies in a financial model, negotiate terms of the deal, prepare all acquisition related documents such as Non-Disclosure Agreements, Letters of Intent, and Purchase Agreements with our legal team and legal counsel, integrate the acquisition into the company
- Provide project management leadership over the pre-LOI validation and due diligence stages of the acquisition process with cross-functional teams, including communication of diligence findings
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across Executive, strategy, finance, product, engineering, and sales teams to ensure close alignment on deals before, during and after deal sign
- Establish and measure key performance indicators to determine the ultimate success of the deal
- Corporate Development:
- 7y+ of experience in investment banking, venture capital, private equity or Corporate Development.
- Significant experience on the buy-side and proven track record of executing deals (end to end)
- Experience structuring various types of deal terms
- Strong negotiation abilities
- Successful track record of sourcing, executing, and nurturing strategic acquisitions
- Executive Presence
- Exemplary verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in indirectly managing senior leaders across the organization
- Strong analytical, leadership, intellectual curiosity, and partnering skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently and logically frame a problem, provide the analysis required to answer the question, and drive the resolution is mandatory
- Experience working in technology with some experience in SaaS enterprise software
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We seek professionals that will bring their authentic and unique experiences to our teams.
We understand career choices are a big decision, and we thank you for considering Relativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.