We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly-listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics.
This role is responsible for leading and building the Fast Radius EH&S program to promote a healthy working environment for our employees and minimize negative impact to the planet. This person will be a core member of our Infrastructure team and work cross-functionally across the organization. They will be expected to play a significant role in building, scaling, and leading this capability at Fast Radius.
Responsibilities and Outcomes:
- Lead environmental, health, safety and sustainability program to promote safe workplace for our employees and reduce negative impact of our microfactories on the planet
- Strategic partner to support company mission of connected network of sustainable microfactories that change the way manufactured goods are distributed globally
- Develop and deploy management processes to continuously improve the occupational health of our employee base
- Develop and deploy management processes and controls to ensure compliance to Local and Federal environmental regulations
- Develop and deploy safety, force of nature or other significant event reaction plans
- Develop and deploy rigorous company-wide training initiative Partner with Internal Operations to promote and execute EH&S program
- Partner with People team with internal or external communication
- Partner with Industrial Design and Facility Project Management to identify and deploy sustainability initiatives within the company
- Partner with R&D to assess EH&S requirements of prospective technologies
- Day-to-day leader responsible for EH&S program Attracting, hiring, growing, and training team
- Leveraging the Fast Radius culture to build an exceptional working environment for the team
- 8+ years of relevant experience in industrial engineering, construction, manufacturing, or related field
- Track record of significant leadership of EH&S
- Must be a builder - experience building functions, teams, factories, etc.
- Multi-site management experience preferred
- Experience in one or more of the following manufacturing processes: CNC Machining, Additive Manufacturing, or Injection Molding
- Proficient in sustainable building practices, LEED, EPA and OSHA regulations
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize resources across multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Empathetic listener, confident communicator
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description