Head of Growth Operations at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is the Head of Growth Operations at Clearcover?
We are looking for an experienced Head of Growth Operations to help to enable Clearcover distribute insurance products through each of its distribution channels.
This is a high visibility role. You’ll be responsible for developing and coordinating all back-office growth operations for the company. You’ll have a unique vantage point within the company having the opportunity to work directly with external partners and across numerous internal functions in supporting each of our distribution channels.
You’ll have a finance and sales ops background with the ability to balance meeting short-term needs and knowing how to scale. You’ll have a passion for data and out-of-the-box thinking. You should approach traditional distribution channels with a healthy mix of respect and irreverence, applying both creativity and flexibility in building each channel in a uniquely Clearcover way.
You should also be a natural problem-solver who can work amidst ambiguity and be willing (and able) to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. This will be fun, but it won’t be easy.
- Channel Performance Reporting – Measure results and forecast future growth across each of our distribution channels. Collaborate with business intelligence team to create standardized reporting views to measure and monitor each channel and state’s performance. Provide commentary and metrics for various company and functional report outs.
- Sales Operations – Serve as the subject-matter-expert (SME) for various back-office processes, vendor invoices, sales attribution models, and coordinating state launch rollouts across channels.
- Channel Profitability – Monitor and identify opportunities to improve our Lifetime Value and Customer Acquisition Costs for each channel in achieving its target LTV:CAC ratio by customer segment.
- Partner Onboarding – Manage our partner and agency onboarding processes and work with technology and operational teams to continue to refine and automate. Collaborate with compliance team in the execution of our licensing and appointment strategy.
- Partner & Agency Compensation – Key point of contact with finance team in administering partner compensation programs, commission schedules for different agency types, developing special incentive programs, profit sharing agreements, and managing overall economics.
- Growth Planning – Collaborate in the development of channel-focused growth strategies for each state.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration – Work effectively with channel leaders and members of our product, technology, finance, and operational teams to build key capabilities and support models.
What are our must haves?
- You’re highly operational and analytical. You understand customer acquisition and distribution-related KPIs, insurance financials, and can operationally develop and execute tactical plans.
- You have a technical ‘know-how’ and bring an intellectually curious mindset needed to simplify complex processes. You have experience working with various distribution channels and you’re highly motivated by the thought of disrupting legacy business models and bringing new product solutions to market.
- You understand insurance compliance. You’re fluent with insurance licensing and appointment regulations and supporting operational processes.
- You have great relationship skills. You’re able to build effective relationships, both internally and externally, and can navigate complex relationships.
- You’re hands-on and a self-starter. You have the ability to lead and drive initiatives with little oversight – the persistency and tenacity to break down barriers while also bringing people together towards a common goal.
- You’re flexible. You have the ability to work amidst ambiguity and adapt as we grow and expand.
- You have a growth mindset. You’re driven to improve performance through continued learning.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we’ve got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social