This role should evaluate and recommend the right service platform and tools and make recommendations on key measurements and metrics. The improvement of the right experiences and SLA's will be critical as well as follow up, white glove/concierge service, and first-time resolution of ticket requests. He/she is also expected to provide on-going training to our service desk teams, along with benchmarking internal service teams and other organizations. This role will also lead the team from being reactive to proactive and predictive and will provide the right metrics to hold the various IT partners accountable for poor quality and may recommend improvements.
This leader will be responsible for the end user support strategy and roadmaps, which include support strategies, tools and resources. Focus on simplification and standardization of end user experience, no matter the location of work (office and home), while providing top notch seamless tools and service is key.
As a key member of the senior IT leadership team this role will drive the development and execution of the enterprise wide support and end user tool strategy and is responsible for ensuring that the team is fully aligned and positioned to deliver state of the art support to Morningstar. This role reports to the Chief Information Officer and is based in our Chicago office.
- Sets the mission, vision, and strategy of the IT Experience and Support organization to maximize the success of business and IT enterprise initiatives with high quality, flexible, and scalable solutions.
- Introduces innovative tooling that enable and enhance our overall support capabilities thereby enhancing employee satisfaction and productivity.
- Builds successful stakeholder relationships with other IT and business leaders by developing a clear understanding of business needs, acting as a trusted advisor, and ensuring optimal support levels for the organization.
- Creates and aligns a value map by linking targeted business outcomes with the future-state business capabilities required to achieve them.
- Develops and controls the annual support budget to ensure that it's consistent with the overall strategic objectives of IT and the enterprise and is within plan and develops solid business cases including financial modelling and planning.
- Leverages influencing and negotiation skills across IT, vendor partners, and the enterprise to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions in the achievement of business goals Vendor selection and management.
- Provides direction on what emerging technologies should be incorporated into end user devices, support and collaboration products and services to successfully deliver overall IT strategy.
- Champions Infrastructure involvement in the IT organization's innovation efforts and its role in experimenting with new solutions to take advantage of business opportunities.
- Drives the adoption of (and commitment towards) service improvements.
- Serves on IT planning and policymaking committees; drives the development of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics.
- Works with various teams to develop and execute workforce plans that ensure the end user engineering and support teams have skilled resources to meet current and future demand.
- Responsible for people management and mentoring, driving and retaining a positive team culture that continually encourages creativity, ownership, accountability, and enhances our capabilities to deliver solutions
- 10+ years of demonstrable experience in managing teams, technology teams preferred.
- 10 + years' experience of working in support organizations.
- Experience leading change and transformation programs.
- Demonstrated experience of influencing key stakeholders across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate and support vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns with the IT and business strategy.
- Experienced in building a productive environment enabling career growth, development, hiring and retention of a talented team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving, conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Ability to influence, needs to demonstrate the ability to build consensus and support for proposals.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong customer -service focus and orientated mindset.
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units.
- Interest in the investment industry and strong knowledge of technology developments and trends is an advantage.
Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, related field or equivalent work experience
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity