About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 6 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
About the Role
G2 is looking for a motivated and innovative Head of Lifecycle & Community to jump in and lead an established marketing team. The global team currently consists of 7 people covering disciplines including email marketing, digital ad campaigns, and user & community support. The team is responsible for growing our overall user-generated content (UGC) engine through new user acquisition, email engagement, and user support.
This team is integral to the core G2 marketplace, powering the majority of reviews that millions of people use to make buying decisions. The ideal candidate will help us hone the existing strategy to keep our review collection both sustainable & innovative, retain and engage users with our community efforts, and empower G2 to rapidly grow and maintain market presence among existing and new software categories category markets. In addition, the candidate will be expected to help us expand and grow the user acquisition & retention strategy, making G2 a community to rely on. The candidate will ensure the team has a consistent backlog of program ideas to test and, where successful, operationalize and scale. The candidate will work cross-functionally with other teams in the company, including product, marketing, and sales, to ensure we have the largest and most trusted collection of users and reviews.
In this role you will:
- Lead and enable a team of managers who own a variety of disciplines & programs that help drive the user community & review engine for the core G2 marketplace.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional teams and company leaders to ensure user community and review programs align to company mission and growth objectives.
- Develop programs and strategies designed to impact company goals via high ROI digital marketing channels.
- Ensure a seamless, on-brand experience throughout the end-to-end Buyer journey.
- Devise marketing efforts that engage buyers to generate reviews, participate in the community, and become repeat users of G2 .
- Provide personalized and elevated support for Buyers at key moments in their journey with G2.
- Work with the Outreach team and cross-functional teams to identify appropriate success metrics and establish reporting practices.
- Set and drive growth initiatives to expand user sign-ups and audience expansion for G2 marketplace community.
- Collaborate with other G2 leaders to align messaging, resources, policies, and workload to ensure company and teams achieve goals; provide input and advocacy for resources to support G2 review generation goals.
- Support internal teams on Outreach-related escalations.
- Drive effective planning cycles with your managers to determine resource allocation, prioritize team budget and bandwidth across the various team disciplines.
- Lead global hiring efforts for the Outreach team.
- Ensure GDPR, CCPA, and CAN-SPAM compliance across all user marketing programs.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and competitive positioning and assist in continuing to refine and develop the overall Outreach team’s strategy.
- Accountable for relevant company and team metrics.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 5-7 years of experience working in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- 3+ years of people management experience including managing managers.
- Past experience in developing successful user acquisition programs as well as UGC programs for both written and video content.
- Ability to build consensus and buy-in for new tactics and strategies among cross-functional stakeholders and company leadership.
- Strong marketing practitioner with ability to exceed in creative, technical, and operational marketing functions in both B2B and B2C marketing settings, with strengths in B2C.
- Data-driven mindset with ability to use data to tell stories and provide actionable insights (Knowledge of GA, Metabase, Looker a plus).
- Proficiency across the marketing software stack including email marketing, marketing automation, social channels, and analytics tools.
- Familiarity with GDPR, CCPA, CAN-SPAM and other marketing-related data privacy regulation.
- Strong project-management, communication, and cross-functional skills.
- Innovative strategic thinker and unafraid to try new things.
- Agile and can adapt to changing circumstances or requirements.
- Results-oriented and comfortable building a motivating narrative for a team of specialists.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status.
Learn more about our commitments here http://culture.g2.com/commitments