Head of Sustainability & Impact at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
Grubhub exists to build restaurants. We build our business by growing theirs. We build tools and processes that grow revenue and profits for restaurants.
This strategic and pivotal role will report to and operate under the supervision of the Chief Corporate Affairs Officer. This leader of Sustainability and Impact will join a growing, dynamic team of change makers and will be tasked with defining the company’s path forward on sustainability, broadly, inclusive of social, economic, and environmental issues. The sustainability strategy is key in advancing Grubhub’s business strategy and in developing trust with Grubhub’s diverse stakeholder groups, and the strategy defines our connections at the national, state, and local level.
The individual has a leadership role in designing and maintaining the overall sustainability strategy and will manage key partnerships that align with the overall company strategy. This individual drives key program developments, including communicating industry initiatives, working with external partners to advance Grubhub’s strategy and purpose. This individual has deep knowledge and acumen around ESG, relevant reporting capabilities, and understanding of the key areas of development for Grubhub. The leader will position Grubhub as not only a thought leader, but also an innovator around integrating sustainability into the overall business strategy. It is important that this individual be tech-forward in his/her approach as Grubhub’s issues are as well.
Grubhub understands its duty to reduce its impact on the environment alongside the need to advance key social and economic issues. This individual has experience building out community impact programs and has proven leadership experience in driving and influencing initiatives at the most senior levels. This role also focuses on the development of restaurant and driver relations and defining the supplier code of conduct, including social and environmental guidelines/policies.
Grubhub seeks to be the industry leader in social, economic and environmental sustainability, and this individual will work to set the direction for the company in its achievement of this key objective. A commitment to human rights, social justice, environmental protection, and the advancement of the United Nations Sustainable Development goals is at the heart of who we strive to become.
The Impact You Will Make
- You will transform how diners and restaurants connect by leading the development of programs that advance social, economic, and environmental sustainability issues at the national and community levels.
- In collaboration with colleagues, build and maintain the internal and external reporting frameworks to ensure accuracy and trust building transparency.
- Establish the KPIs and tracking to ensure Grubhub is trending to achievement of its commitments.
- Develop the partnerships and programs that amplify and differentiate the Grubhub mission as a force for good.
What You Bring to the Table
- BA/BS required.
- At least 10-15 years of relevant experience in driving sustainability initiatives at the strategic partnership level alongside local community impact
- 8+ years leading teams
- Food, restaurant and/or tech experience.
- Demonstrated ability to be both a substantive issue expert on matters related to Grubhub’s business and a manager of complex relationships.
- Operational excellence and deep knowledge of the tools that will drive efficiency around internal and external reporting.
- Innovative, tech-forward approaches to advocacy that will amplify Grubhub’s positions around our key issue areas and allow us to most effectively connect at the local level.
- An ability to influence stakeholders regardless of reporting lines or seniority.
- Demonstrated experience leading sustainability, CSR, and ESG focused teams and initiatives.
- An agile mindset capable of developing new ideas and executing in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Possess an understanding of the US legislative, regulatory, and executive processes and a familiarity with other global initiatives, trends, and regulatory activity.
- Technical knowledge of (global) sustainability concepts including responsible sourcing, sustainable supply chain, carbon reduction and climate change, and the circular economy.
- Understands and incorporates the ESG eco-system of reporting frameworks and communication tools into reports, operating procedures and communication standards.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.