Help Desk Manager at PEAK6
We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. Over 20 years ago, we were among the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading and esports. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms and we continue to evolve.
As a Help Desk Manager in Technology Experience, you will be instrumental in the experience of all our employees throughout PEAK6. We’re looking for someone who takes ownership of their work, is resourceful in their problem-solving skills and is able to think creatively. Reporting to the Director of Support Services, this individual will oversee our Desktop Support Analysts throughout the organization who deliver unique, one to one, customer-focused support to all employees across PEAK6. You will be responsible for managing a team of individuals from Belfast to Seattle. You will take on projects that will require clear communication and completion in a timely manner. We want someone who has a passion for setting the performance bar and thrives in an energetic team environment, while delivering a fully integrated solution that fits into one unified technology stack.
PEAK6 Technology Experience places emphasis on delivering white-glove customer service. Therefore, it is imperative for the Help Desk Manager to place value on detail; but also, pair this with a sense of urgency for execution. Technology Experience is looking for people who have compassion and empathy for their teammates and a natural IT intuition who can work harder, faster and smarter while taking technical excellence to a whole new level.
On the Desktop Support Team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Oversee a global support team, spread out over multiple offices and time zones.
- Model and forecast the support organization to match our growing needs as PEAK6 brings new organizations into the Portfolio.
- Deploy a new unified ticketing platform, knowledge base, and self-service.
- In collaboration with team members and leadership, implement great support processes, procedures, and documentation.
- Identify opportunities for business enablement through smart use of technology.
- Develop KPIs, mentor team members and foster their career aspirations while delivering organization and department goals.
- Manage, support, and provision business applications in a cloud-based environment.
- Write clear, concise documentation for team members in wiki tools (Confluence).
- Evaluate and recommend new software platforms and services.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 2+ years of leading a support organization.
- Extensive experience managing a distributed workforce over multiple time zones.
- Experience with Office365, including comprehensive knowledge of all applications and services within, including OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Experience developing, analyzing, and implementing KPIs and other metrics.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
All of our team members have these traits. You should, too.
Motivation Collaboration Curiosity
Integrity Adaptability Ingenuity
This role will be based out of PEAK6’s Chicago office.
*Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, PEAK6 has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.