Identity Access Management - Architect at Paylocity
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Paylocity is currently seeking an Identity Access Management (IAM) Architect to join our rapidly growing Information Security organization. With a large portfolio of mission-critical applications developed in-house and leveraged from third-party vendors, the IAM Architect will be responsible for the implementation and operation of the IAM program across the entire organization. Candidates should have a track record of leading cross-functional efforts across the organization to achieve results.
This highly visible position requires a strategic mind capable of devising an actionable operating model and plan around our identity governance program, while at the same time having the tactical experience needed to execute upon it. Long-term, responsibilities will include reimagining our processes around internal access requests, provisioning/de-provisioning, access recertification, and role/entitlement definitions. This role will also be a critical stakeholder in our Privileged Access Management (PAM) program, providing key insights and enhancements to our processes in that area.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead efforts with role mining most critical applications and help institute Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) and role governance processes
- Help shape IAM program (capability and enhancement) roadmap in conjunction with the Information Security leadership team
- Oversee implementation of IAM technology to help unlock value for key IAM processes and systems
- Develop standards and policy for IAM/PAM programs
- Create process workflows for key IAM initiatives
- Plan and prioritize new application onboardings and access certifications
- Works with technology and business owners to fully onboard applications
- Develop and monitor a set of KPIs to measure the overall health of the program/scope
- At least 5 years of experience playing a key role in building IAM programs
- Bachelor’s degree with a preference for computer science, information security, management information systems, or related major
- Project management skills
- Previous experience implementing/operating SailPoint Identity Now or Identity IQ
- Strong knowledge in the following areas: Single Sign-On, Directory Services, Active Directory, Java coding
- Experience with consumer-facing identity a plus
- Previous people management experience preferred
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.