Jellyvision is hiring an Incident Response Manager
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
What we do
We’re the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes choosing (and using) employee benefits easier and more enjoyable. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think the best way to achieve that is with a staff that reflects the vast range of ideas, perspectives, and experiences of the millions of people who use our products.
Who we are
Jellyvision is committed to continuous evolution and to fostering a more diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is welcomed, valued, and respected. It doesn’t matter your race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, or country of origin...we just want amazing people who are willing to grow along with us.
How you’ll help
Jellyvision is seeking an experienced Incident Response Manager to join our pirate crew of Tech Professionals. The Incident Response Manager owns our emergency incident process, and is in charge of the coordination, communication, documentation and post-mortems for any escalated P1 or P2 emergency incidents. You will work directly with Product Managers, Senior Leadership, and major stakeholders for any remediation, road mapping, and incident playbook planning. You will be an integral part of our product ecosystem, helping ensure uptime for both our internal and external assets.
What you’ll do
- Provide leadership to incident response personnel, including coaching, documentation, and trainings.
- Build and streamline our emergency response playbook and ensure updated documentation.
- Ensure the right people are “in the room” during emergency incidents and help lead us towards resolution.
- Communicate status, results, and summaries of emergency incidents to our executive leadership.
- Develop and present comprehensive reports for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Stay up-to-date with new initiatives, road-maps, and the status of product deliverable teams.
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 3+ years experience in an incident response management or comparable role.
- Demonstrated experience in a project management or coordination-heavy role.
- Experience working in an on-call support role in a 24/7 environment.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Experience with documentation for both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience and knowledge of AWS or other cloud computing environments.
- You are an excellent communicator who is calm under pressure and able to “steer the ship” amidst chaos.
- You are an excellent planner and comfortable around executive leadership.
- Action Oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Decision Quality
- Develops Talent
- Manages Complexity
- Tech Savvy
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!