Incident Response Manager at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here!Job Description
Can you balance a high attention to detail, excellent people skills and perseverance in a fast-paced IT Department? Do you have experience in IT Security?
McDonald’s, one of the most recognized brands in the world, is seeking a skilled Incident Response Manager to join our IT Security Delivery Assurance Team and support day to day tactical operations for our Incident Response capability.
In this execution focused role, you will handle daily ticketing of customer concerns, incident queues, process execution, critical metrics and metrics reporting. To be successful, you are able to utilize IT tools, be responsible for documenting the necessary procedures and incident response plan of action needed to quickly mitigate and analyze security incidents as they occur. Your additional experience in process management and a familiarity with legal rules, regulations and platforms are also necessary. You are highly engaged in risk management and mitigation maintaining the forward momentum to assure all assets are operating at their full capacity and you can rapidly address security when needed.
That said, the biggest area of increase in our spending has been in technology, which is helping to drive our growth. We’re looking at how to use technology to improve the customer experience and build new customer experiences. We’re also exploring technologies that can help us reduce or eliminate repetitive tasks and make employees’ jobs more interesting and rewarding. With all the new projects and initiatives, it is an exciting time to be on the team that is helping to make a Better McDonald's!
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Monitoring all operations, networks and infrastructure for security issues and investigate an incident as needed.
· Manage the Incident response team and SOC.
· Create and maintain security metrics aligned to security and performance
· Manage vendor deliverables
· Ensure tickets are being triaged within our assigned SLA, manage ticket queues.
· Monitor internal and external policies for compliance.
· Develop security standards and standard methodologies for the organization.
· Plan and carry out an organization’s Incident Response plan (IR).
· Create and direct the security information assurance for the organization.
· Provides support for complex computer network exploitation and defense techniques to include deterring, identifying and investigating computer and network intrusions.
· Prepare reports that document security incidents and the extent of the damage caused by the incident.
· Provides technical support for a comprehensive risk management program identifying critical processes and systems; current and projected threats; and system vulnerabilities.
· Research the latest information technology (IT) security trends.
· Being able to quickly classify an incident and begin the necessary course of action.
· Ability to review logs in order to perform digital forensics.
· Drive lessons learned and remediation activities throughout the organization.
· Recommend security enhancements to management or senior staff.
· Work with legal compliance, litigation, and privacy for forensics review of company assets.
· A minimum of 5 years in IT Security Incident Management
· Global problem and incident management experience
· Experience with legal operations and working with a SOC/NOC
· Hands-on experience with security and access technologies
· Experience with prevention and threat detection devices
· Understanding of NIST Framework
· CISSP certification
· Project management and ITIL methodologies
· Passion and Personal Accountability
· Guidance Encase Forensics and chain of custody knowledge
· B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related technical degree is highly desired
· Strong strategy, process, and policy development skills
· You have a high level of communication and interpersonal skillsAdditional Information
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.