Information Security Manager - Governance & Strategy at JPMorgan Chase
We are currently sourcing a specific role within the Commercial Banking (CB) - aligned Cybersecurity and Technology Controls (CTC) organization for a Strategy & Business Services Lead. The role involves working directly with the CTC CB leadership team (EDs/MDs) in creating the strategy and partnership with the business, technology colleagues, human resources, and finance & business management team, and also having day to day responsibility for ensuring business delivery, while also governing the risk and control health of the organization. The role also requires strong partnership with the CTC Business Strategy & Transformation product team and the CTC Governance Risk and Controls organization to ensure comprehensive and proactive oversight and reporting.
The CTC CB Strategy & Business Services Lead must have proven strategic and execution experience with collaboration and influencing skills in large matrix organizations.
- Manage and drive the team’s business processes including Executive Reporting, business reviews and senior forum/committee coordination
- Develop, enhance and execute strategic roadmap for the Commercial Banking Protect the Client program
- Develop and execute a transparent and proactive communications plan, both internally within the team and with partners and stakeholders, including maintaining an intranet/confluence digital presence
- Support the management team as a point of contact and coordination of GTOC and CTC deliverables, such as OKRs
- Assist the management team with ad hoc special projects on issues spanning across CTC CB, including establishing a framework to support both the CB and CTC product architecture initiatives
- Analyse and assess team processes and develop reengineering plans to constantly improve products that are delivered to our customers
Expectations & Desired Qualities/Experience:
- Drives and influences the strategic technology roadmap of the team to enable business goals
- Guides implementation of high quality solutions through collaboration and leadership
- Identifies new opportunities to influence the team’s strategy
- Partners closely with and acts as a trusted advisor to stakeholders across the firm in order to influence strategic priorities
- Establishes meaningful relationships for the benefit of the team to foster alignment and collaboration across the organization
- Proactively identifies collaboration opportunities across the firm in order to promote solutions at scale
- Ensures clear and consistent communication channels and cadence with stakeholders
- Pilots experiments to existing processes that seek improvements
Teamwork and Leadership
- Supports an environment that identifies opportunities to develop others through mentorship and leading by example
- Consistently identifies opportunities to increase focus on and improvement of learning activities to benefit employees across the firm
- Operates with a high level of integrity and promotes a culture that demonstrates these behaviors; challenges and suggests correction when needed
- Consistently focuses on bringing talent into the firm
- Publicly recognizes successes of others through internal forums
- Creates a safe environment for experiments and failures in order to learn quickly
Risk and Controls
- Leads by example, exhibiting robust risk measures while advocating for adherence throughout the development lifecycle
- Positive attitude and aptitude to learn
- Proactive mindset with a bias to action. Anticipate issues and suggest judicious solutions, prompt management to take actions and drive results for the group
- Highly organized and ability to drive successful completion of projects related to the group’s business processes – while managing upward and around
- The capacity to structure and oversee multiple, time sensitive projects or processes – recognizing that priorities can change and work plans can be dynamic
- Ability to navigate the organization, interface with all levels of management and employees, in a fast paced dynamic environment with changing requirements
- A highly collaborative and persuasive style. Outstanding listening abilities with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills coupled with expert knowledge of Microsoft office suite
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm’s cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group’s number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.