Founded in 2013, Home Chef is the leading meal solutions company with both a retail and online presence. Available online at homechef.com and in retail at more than 2,100 Kroger grocery stores, Home Chef is committed to inspiring and enabling more people to cook simple, delicious meals, no matter how busy they are.
Similar to our recipes, we recognize that variety is the spice of life, and therefore, our employees also bring their uniqueness and color to our fantastic team. We’re eager to work with humble team players and pragmatic next-level thinkers to innovate on Home Chef’s offerings.
While most of us continue to work remotely, our newly renovated headquarters at the Old Post Office is open for voluntary return to work. Our organization is closely following the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and will share updates on our 2022 return to the office plan as soon as any decisions are made.
The IT Support Technician monitors network infrastructure, troubleshoots computers and printers, and delivers IT support to internal staff, and this role is part of a team responsible for designing and developing highly available network architectures to support our plant operations. The IT Support Technician supports both an office and industrial setting, and serves as the sole technical presence within a distribution center.
Provides general technical support for distribution center:
- Provide IT support and troubleshooting to both office and industrial (fulfillment) staff
- Troubleshoot technical issues with light industrial digital equipment, including thermal printers, scanners, digital signage, etc
- Delivers technical support to office staff, ensuring their ability to print of large runs of thermal shipping labels
- Escalate issues as needed to IT team and maintain communication with staff
- Works with the larger IT team to support the rollout of new technologies
- On occasion, provide remote technical support to other locations
Maintains and grows the technical infrastructure at the distribution center:
- Monitor network performance and availability on a continuous basis
- Install, monitor, support, and troubleshoot various network devices (PCs, tablets, printers, scanners, time clocks, phones, etc.)
- Perform routine maintenance and system upgrades on digital equipment, identifying potential problems and repairing
- Working with the larger IT team, assist in setup and support of networking equipment (routers, firewalls, access points, etc.)
Creates and maintains a healthy technical environment at the distribution center:
- Help manage IT inventory, hardware, and software licenses
- Guide staff in proper usage of technical hardware and compliance with IT security policy
- Provide ad-hoc technical training and guidance to staff as needed
- Represent the distribution center in collaborations with the larger IT team, ensuring that plant needs are represented in company-wide IT directions and goals
Participates in technical projects with the larger IT team:
- In conjunction with the greater IT team, support execution of special projects including new hardware and software rollouts, analysis of potential new technologies, general process improvements, etc
- Ability to deliver a high level of support to others
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Comfortable with PC troubleshooting, printer support, Android OS support, and generally confident with technology
- Quick learner that can master new technologies
- Self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic
- Able to work independently with impeccable sense of honesty and integrity
- Willing to work in an industrial, low temperature environment (fulfillment center locations only)
- Linux skills are a plus
- Networking skills a plus (routers, firewalls, etc)
- General high school degree, or equivalent, (e.g. GED)
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
How We Work Together
We are humble team players.
We are warm and gracious with team members and customers. We seek feedback to improve ourselves - and respectfully listen to and accept input.
We are pragmatic next-level thinkers.
We come up with novel and unique ideas. We explore new strategies to avoid being constrained by conventional thinking.
We take ownership.
We approach ambiguous problems, prepared to dive in, get curious, and learn more. We are results-driven, always challenging ourselves to exceed goals.
Be at Home at Home Chef
We all show up authentically at Home Chef. Our team includes individuals with a variety of identities, backgrounds, and perspectives. You can trust that you’ll be able to bring your whole self to an inclusive and enjoyable workplace.
We welcome people of all races, colors, religions, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disabilities, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Home Chef is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Home Chef will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected]
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant notice click here