Infrastructure Manager, Networking at Paylocity (Remote)
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Software Development Manager (Product Team Leader) is a critical role in our Product Development organization. This key leader serves as manager and scrum master - enabling the team to achieve their highest level of performance and team members to fulfill career goals. S/he acts as a servant leader and shelters the team from external distractions, allowing team members to focus on their commitments and reach their full potential. This position requires commitment to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement and the ability to build a collaborative culture within the product team. This in-turn will ensure we continue to innovate and expand our market-leading product suite.
Reports To: Product Group Leader OR Director P&T OR Senior Director P&T
How we work:
- Small, self-sufficient product-oriented teams with an entrepreneurial spirit organized into categories.
- Dedicated IT Operations experts committed to cutting-edge infrastructure and developer tools.
- We don’t add more folks to our teams, we add additional teams to scale.
- Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles.
- Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress.
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and product teams.
During your first six months at Paylocity, you will:
- A proven track record of increasing team’s velocity and providing visibility across the organization.
- Facilitated scrum ceremonies, removed impediments, and enabled the team to be their best.
- Developed and implemented measurable continuous improvement plans.
- Managed dependencies across product teams/business.
- Effectively managed production issues and communicate business impact to stakeholders.
- Developed T-shaped skill sets and leadership capabilities of team members.
- Nourished a collaborative environment with a willingness to share ideas, where open and honest feedback flourishes.
- Facilitated longer-term career plans with each member of the product team, and found opportunities for team members to fulfill those goals.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years in building applications in a SaaS web development environment.
- Experience directly managing Software and QA engineers in a DevOps type environment.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture and developer tools, strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field, preferred.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification or Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), a plus.
- Experience working in a .Net environment preferred.
- At ease working at all levels of the organization.
- Relentlessly curious about current market and technology trends, able to adapt accordingly.
- Passionate about quality and controls.
- A superior communicator with a penchant for change management.
- Unflinching in your desire for production stability.
This job excludes CO applicants.
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.