As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you'll play a big part in designing the platforms, servers, and networks that make it possible for us to provide service to our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe each and every day. In this role, you’ll call on your experience designing tailored solutions to understand the requirements of a project, test the performance of the infrastructure, and verify that the requirements have been successfully met. As a team, you and your peers will be responsible for driving results, collecting and analyzing monitoring data in test and production, and managing projects to completion. And while you'll be part of a tight-knit team of engineers who share your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access to the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important technology firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (program management, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Knowledge of one specific infrastructure technology and basic programming languages or database management systems (Java, PERL, Python)
- Intermediate understanding of line of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design
- Knowledge of more than one specific infrastructure technology
- Ability to think creatively to deliver solutions through continuous improvement
- Experience designing large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience designing and developing software oriented towards IT Operations process and customer self-service automation
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate complex/routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Self-starter with the ability to understand complex problems quickly
- Experience with engineering logging and metrics solutions within a large enterprise
- Experience with data structures, scripting, pipeline management, and software design
- Experience interacting with Senior technology leaders
- Splunk knowledge query and API development
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Commercial Banking division uses technology driven by innovative minds like yours to provide companies, as well as real estate owners and investors with a range of financial solutions designed to help them achieve their business goals. With annual client revenues ranging from $20 million to over $2 billion, the service and the solutions we provide is critical to both our and our clients’ success.