As an EDI/API Speciaist on the Echo Global Logistics IT team, you will contribute to the mapping and management of Echo’s client EDI/API integrations. Our continued goal after the very successful acquisition of Command Transportation is to simplify transportation for our customers and carriers, and our technical capabilities if one of our largest competitive advantages in an ever growing market.
Echo’s IT department has recently been ranked the third largest digital company by employee size in Chicago and we are continuing to see increased growth in virtually all of our technical teams. With the integration of Command’s custom product Clutch, the Integration team is seeing tremendous growth and look forward to continued success with you as part of our team!
Essential Position Functions
- See technology and transportation as a passion, not something you just do between 9-5
- Possess the ability to create new solutions; we operate on a web based platform and constantly facing unchartered waters
- Possess strong fundamentals and knowledge within the 3PL space
- Do not wait for something to break; find a problem before it becomes one and constantly aiming to improve
- Having a willingness to vocalize these ideas and pick yourself up if you get knocked down
- Value passionate and tech savvy go-getters, and people who never stop seeking ways to improve existing technology and client services
- Have a high focus on career development and the runway to get you there
- Work hard, period
- Offer competitive compensation, benefits, 401k, challenging projects, company wide events, coworkers and leaders who will push you to get better, a sense of community not found anywhere else
- Analyzes, designs, and develops specifications for enhancements and extensions with EDI application interfaces and maps
- Integrate new Echo clients onto the API suite
- Coordinates EDI testing and trading partner implementation initiatives
- Troubleshoot API issues and work with internal Software Engineers and Quality Assurance team to quickly resolve customer issues
- Work extensively with mapping and integrating clients on our platform through visual studio
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and conflict resolution
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
- Utilized SQL database
- Held roles in highly analytical positions
- Demonstrated ability to logically approach a business problem and understand Echo’s IT systems and integration interdependencies
What's in it for you?
- Help career growth by joining industry leader and continuing to advance Echo web based technologies
- Working within enterprise IT environment that is seeing consistent growth
- Experienced mentors to learn and adopt new practices
- Ability to introduce your own views and takes on our product offerings
- Work in the full software delivery life-cycle
- Ability to constantly enhance and improve applications
- Have a clearly defined career growth track with enough flexibility to pave your own way
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.