Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You will work as part of a team executing internal audits of accounting and financial data, operational processes (e.g., Procurement, Payroll), regulatory compliance, information technology, as well as ancillary activities (e.g., system access, business continuity, file maintenance) within the organization. Work is directed towards validating and subsequently assessing whether proper controls and oversight are in place as well as being consistently executed and that processes and procedures are appropriate for purposes of compliance related to government guidelines and law. The Internal Auditor will support the Internal Audit, Project Manager in the assessment of potential areas of risk, appraisal of their significance and in making recommendations to improve system controls, reduce expenses and improve earnings. The incumbent is responsible for executing work in a manner that is consistent with Internal Audit quality assurance requirements. Resources to do the job require reliance on knowledge of accounting, auditing rules, and applicable CFPB and NCUA guidelines, State of Illinois and other regulations applicable to financial services organizations.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Audit the processes, operations, activities and various other meaningful and/or statistical data of various departments and locations of the Credit Union
- Collects and analyzes information gathered to determine control deficiencies and issues
- Assist in preparing reports on the results of audits, recommending enhancements and opportunities for improvement as well as best practice opportunities
- Execute assigned audits and audit tasks pursuant to department guidelines and within established timetables, with high-quality results.
- Successfully execute and complete multiple projects/assignments simultaneously
- As assigned, participate in Credit Union activities such as projects, new initiatives, task groups, etc. in order to support development and implementation of new policies, processes, controls and provide feedback relative to internal control, compliance, and operational effectiveness/ efficiency
- Responsible for assisting with the assessment of action plans submitted by management
- Provide input and perspective to internal stakeholders with respect to mitigation strategies and action plans
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating requests by regulatory examiners, external auditors and other third parties
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field., and you have:
- 2+ years’ auditing experience required, financial institution or a related field preferred
- A CPA, CIA, CFE or other relevant certification desired
- Basic knowledge of information system auditing, and knowledge of consumer regulatory compliance, preferred
- Experience collaborating/coordinating activities and audit work with outside third-party audit providers, preferred
- In depth Microsoft Office software knowledge and experience with Symitar (host system) is preferred
- Knowledge and an introductory experience using data analytical audit tools (e.g. ACL, Excel, IDEA, Tableau) a plus
- Demonstrate professional judgement and sound decision-making skills while executing internal audits and other process reviews
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team is essential
- Must possess strong analytical, written and oral communication skills
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off
Still not convinced?