Inventory Manager - Groupon Goods
Can an Inventory Manager grow communities by helping merchants thrive?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Groupon Goods, the retail arm of our business, is a daily one-stop shop for brand-name essentials and unexpected, one-of-a-kind finds. For our merchants, this means massive exposure, smart promotion, and reliable fulfillment. For our customers, this means great deals on a variety of products ranging from electronics to clothing, home goods to beauty.
Working in Goods, you will join a retail-savvy team whose goal is to procure and provide customers with the products they want, when they want them. As Inventory Manager, you are responsible for the management and replenishment of inventory to meet or exceed sales, margin, and service objectives. You will have full ownership of inventory from manufacturer to consumer.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping our Goods businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
Essential Functions of Job:
- You will ensure optimal levels of stock and develop an open to buy plan for assigned product categories based on sales plan, receipt timing, safety stock levels etc.
- Manage aged inventory/clearance liability by implementing optimal markdown cadence to maximize profitability during product lifecycle
- Develop statistical sales unit forecasts at location level to determine optimal allocation of inventory and purchase quantities
- Provide financial break-even analysis to aid in approval of pre-buy inventory purchases
- You will be directing the flow of goods into, through and out of Groupon's storage facilities Select the appropriate fulfillment method for product based on cost productivity data and cycle time considerations
- You work with the marketing, customer relations and warehousing departments to ensure that the customer’s order is properly filled with the exact goods that were requisitioned
- You're responsible for establishing and managing relationships with suppliers to ensure efficiency within supply chain
- You will prepare and ensure the accuracy of documentation relating to inventory
- You will record the quality, quantity, type, style and any other characteristic of goods that the organization holds in inventory to give the rest of the management team a clear picture of what the organization has and what it needs
- You ensure the integrity of the stock management systems to guard against pilferage, theft, fraud and other activities that adversely affect the organization’s operations. The documentation is useful for formulating marketing and procurement policies and strategies to improve stock turnover
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years prior experience in Inventory Management or Planning, or related role, with a mix of buying, planning & placement responsibilities
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office software (specifically Excel)
- SQL experience is preferred (writing and running queries)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish relationships & contribute in a team setting
- Strong understanding of the supply chain, and excellent knowledge of warehouse systems and technology
- Ability to create high level strategic and operational plans
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.