IT Demand/Capacity Manager
To ensure development capacity required from Vanguard is aligned and managed towards McDonald’s overall strategy as well as planned and prioritized in the most efficient manner in order to achieve optimal usage of the technology resources and deliver maximum business benefit.
The Senior Demand Manager is responsible for the ongoing governance and administration of the demand management function and associated processes for all sources of IT demand. This role will provide governance and management of the demand pipeline and act as primary partner for McDonald’s functional to capture, structure, align and plan demand and match this demand with the Vanguard supply function’s capacity.
The Senior Demand Manager will participate in the annual planning cycle as well participate in the structuring, capturing and estimation of demand on an ongoing basis and mapping of the demand against the agreed to contract terms.
The Demand Manager will work with McDonald’s and Vanguard partners to refine processes for demand forecasting, resource capacity management and portfolio planning aligned to the agreed engagement model.
The role will provide actionable demand and capacity information to senior IT leadership.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Business, Finance or Engineering is required.
• 10+ years’ experience in an IT organization
• 3+ years’ project management experience; PMP certification is a plus
• Ability to build relationships across the organization and engender genuine dialogue across teams
• Proven ability to influence and lead without formal (line) authority
• Excellent conflict resolution and problem solving skills
• Ability to facilitate meetings with senior leaders
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and to lead others to complete work activities
• Strong communication and presentation skills and a proven ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
Develop, define and implement the overall IT demand management structure & processes in alignment with the Vanguard contract.
• To initiate, participate and contribute (at a high level) to any ongoing business activity which will create substantial IT demand.
• Attend all relevant Business and decision making forums which deal with future IT demand and new requirements.
• Ensure new demand is entering the process through the agreed to intake process.
• Liaise with the PMO to shape and implement the demand management processes as well as the regular liaison / relationship management interactions.
• Monitor and report on KPIs for Demand Management (as per the Vanguard agreement)
• Ensures timely and accurate reporting of all IT demand related issues to senior management and key stakeholders.
• Develop KPIs for Demand Management as well as dashboards and regular reports to create transparency and tracking of change requests and projects.