IT - Graduating May 2018
Graduating in May 2018 and think you have what it takes to be a part of Echo’s IT team? Then we've got an opportunity for you.
Our Echo team has recently been ranked the third largest digital company by employee size in Chicago and we are continuing to see increased growth in virtually all of our technical teams. As part of our team, you will contribute to engineering of large scale web-based applications to enable Echo’s business while supporting architectural vision of quality, scalability, performance and function. Our proprietary software is created with the goal to simplify transportation for our customers and carriers, and is one of our largest competitive advantages in an ever growing market.
Check out this Short Video and our recent Logistics Excellence Award!
- See technology as a passion, not something you just do between 9-5
- Possess the ability to create new solutions; we operate on a web based platform and constantly facing unchartered waters
- Possess strong fundamentals within coding technologies and a willingness to wear several hats when called upon
- Do not wait for something to break; find a problem before it becomes one and constantly aiming to improve
- Value passionate technologists, go-getters, and people who never stop seeking ways to improve existing technology
- Have a high focus on career development and the runway to get you there
- Work hard, period
- Offer competitive compensation, benefits, 401k, challenging projects, company wide events, coworkers and leaders who will push you to get better, a sense of community not found anywhere else
IT responsibilities may include:
- Design, develop, test and document new automated solutions to improve current or create new processes
- Work to develop one or several of our web based product offerings
- Reduce build, deployment and configuration complexity for custom and third-party applications through automated solutions
- Create new high end applications using PowerShell
- Carry out root cause analysis on defects to ensure fixes are happening in the right way
- Use scripting to support fully automated deployments
- Troubleshoot legacy programming code written in multiple different languages
- Open to new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers
What's in it for you?
- Help career growth by joining industry leader and continuing to advance Echo web based technologies
- Work with virtually all aspects and teams within Echo IT
- Experienced mentors to learn and adopt new practices
- Ability to introduce your own views and takes on our product offerings
- Work in the full software delivery life-cycle
- Ability to constantly enhance and improve applications
- Have a clearly defined career growth track with enough flexibility to pave your own way
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.