IT Product Engineering Senior Manager
HAVI is a privately held global company that innovates, optimizes and drives the supply chains and marketing promotions of many of the best known brands in the world. When you work at HAVI, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
We’re building tools that make complex supply chains nimbler and more reactive. This is a leadership role in iterative and priority-responsive product delivery that exists to get valuable features to our customers rapidly by:
- Managing the product development lifecycle for given product areas through proven product management, team leadership, and technical vision.
- Cultivating an internal culture of passion around both quality delivery and innovative functionality while fostering an engineering organization that is motivated and engaged.
- Delivering on product roadmap priorities to maximize customer and business value.
- Identifying inefficiencies and attacking them fastidiously.
- Achieving time to market and time to value targets.
In this role, expect your voice to carry weight. You will regularly contribute to the product roadmap and design leveraging experience from other industries along with your innate passion for pairing trusted technology with innovative architectures, transformation of both product and process, and delivering vision through to fruition. Your desire to collaborate with experienced people, delight customers, and accelerate delivery will shine in this role. You will be looked to set the tone of product development across multiple teams to ensure quality, consistency, and timeliness of delivery with the expectation of yielding a voracious appetite for more from our clients. You are a leader by example, and you build an environment in which teams are excited to come to work every day.
- Inspirational & Compassionate
- Pride of Ownership & Accountability
To be successful you should possess the following qualities:
- Attitude & Commitment: You are a passionate, resourceful, and productive achiever that is enjoyable to work with.
- Priority Setting: You define clear action steps and manage expectations of others.
- Creative Thinking & Problem Solving: You recognize the relevancy of your ideas to the big picture, demonstrate original thinking, and make an impact on your teams, infusing this mindset throughout the organization.
- Dependability: You are self-motivated to deliver the highest quality work, on time and within budget
- Leadership: You take initiative, motivate others, and assume accountability for your actions.
- Communication: You are organized, direct, and provide constructive communication to facilitate great work.
- Cross-functionally drive development and launch of technical products from concept to delivery.
- Manage analysts that define and write technical and functional specifications including requirements and detailed use cases for new product features across multiple product generations.
- Explain designs and constraints to stakeholders, assists communication of features to delivery teams.
- Ensure that teams understand the objective of the product and how it delivers value.
- Create a seamless ecosystem of engineering, quality, architecture, and technical operations during design and implementation to shape the technical feature set and usability of the product and ensure the highest quality products delivered on-time, on budget and with superior performance and support.
- Analyze and ensure performance and business continuity requirements are well-defined and met with efficiency.
- Review test plans with software quality assurance specialists and reinforce a culture of automation to manage resources effectively.
- Support advisory boards, user groups, and peers as needed. Product Marketing efforts including review of competitive information, collaboration with stakeholder groups, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 15-20 years’ work experience in technical product development, organization leadership, and engineering.
- Proven history of mentoring engineers, analysts, and testers in their assignments and careers.
- Software design experience in complex, multi-tasking, real-time, high availability systems.
- Cloud-first application delivery and architecture as well as legacy integration and infrastructure experience.
- History of working with multiple small, highly focused teams and managing a multi-faceted workload.
- Management of solutions across multiple generations of a product, preferably in policy-engine solutions.
- History of defining and managing complex process and/or product issues of a broad scope using independent judgment.
- Excellent analytical skills, interpersonal communication, and management skills.
- 8+ years technical product management experience.
- Experience managing heterogenous and geographically diverse delivery teams.
- A history of clear communication and collaboration with C-level and executive leaders across an organization on technology, product strategy, financials, and organizational development.
- Utilize Agile/Lean methodologies wherever appropriate to achieve rapid, iterative delivery.
- Passion for teams thriving at software development.
- Strong historical practice of guiding teams to produce estimates for all project activities and tasks and establishing a culture of and infrastructure for ongoing evolution of that practice.
- Engage outward to assist analysts in user and functional requirements, creating an environment where stakeholders are excited to be involved in the process, and ensuring artifacts consistent and complete and full feedback loops are in place to support a healthy process.
Our total rewards philosophy integrates programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, corporate culture, corporate citizenship and work-life balance. While individual program components may differ by country, some things remain constant:
- our commitment to rewarding results
- opportunities to work with talented and driven individuals at every level of our company who respect each other, treat each other fairly and hold one another accountable for our customers’—and our company’s—success
There's more ...
- generous medical, dental, vision, and leave programs
- 401K with a company match component and profit sharing
- 19 days of paid time off plus 10 company holidays
- flexibility - remote work opportunities and summer Fridays
- tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment assistance
- beautiful office campus and free parking
- $4 per day lunch subsidy to enjoy the onsite cafeteria