IT Program Director at Life Fitness
An empty treadmill isn’t compelling, but once someone steps on it, the stories are limitless. Our goal is to connect people emotionally to their fitness journey. We are a global team coming from different cultures and backgrounds with a shared passion to achieve and live our mission of inspiring healthier lives.
Inspire. Innovate. Make an impact and join our team!
The IT Program Director oversees a wide range of programs across all facets of the global business. This person is responsible for the success of those programs, using a critical skillset and broad knowledge of program management principles. It is important to maintain a global, enterprise-wide viewpoint, supporting the mission and vision of the organization, while ensuring the goals of the program are met. The Program Manager not only manages critical programs, but also plays a key role in the strategic planning process by actively helping to define objectives to support changing business needs. This individual is recognized for business expertise, strong relationships throughout Life Fitness as well as a willingness and ability to dig in and quickly learn.
- Initiates and sets goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Plans programs from start to completion, including resources, deadlines, milestones and processes
- Identifies and organizes the program team
- Develops and/or manages the program budget, negotiating with vendors where needed
- Global travel as required by the program
- Devises evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements; implements improvements where required
- Supervises project leaders to provide feedback and resolve complex problems; assists team members to achieve success
- Discovers ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed
- Practically applies program and project management principles to appropriately assess and manage risk, change and resources
- Ensures program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Keeps executive and senior management informed using the appropriate cadence and level of detail
- Maintains a rolling systems strategy roadmap, identifying and managing the interdependencies between programs and projects
- Thoroughly understands the business strategic plan, processes and applications; is able to relate that plan to IT
- Helps establish and manage the project prioritization and planning process
- Governs and supports the IT project management process
- Works collaboratively with cross functional leaders to analyze initiatives and provide cost/benefit, BVA, project measurement objectives and identify business staffing requirements and owners of the business benefits
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Strategic mindset
- Thorough understanding of key business functions and high-level processes
- Influential leader who is willing and able to drive change in the organization
- Ability to dig in and work as a team to achieve success
- Thorough understanding of business systems and architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem resolution skills, demonstrating a strong ability to reach consensus
- Work cross-functionally and think both critically and strategically
- Creativity and innovation
- Effectively uses teamwork to positively contribute to a high-morale/high-performance team culture, leading by example
- Coordination, delegation and facilitation skills
- Open to change and constructive criticism
- Trusted by and trusting of the business and IT
- Positive attitude that keeps others enthusiastic and involved
- Effective team player and collaborator
- Strong personal integrity
Four-year Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related discipline. Master’s Degree is desirable.
- 10+ years of Information Technology experience
- Project management
- Strategic planning and analysis
Want to take the next step in your career?
Life Fitness takes pride in our talented employees and believe in providing opportunities for further growth and advancement. We encourage you to test your strengths, push your limits and unleash your potential.
If you feel the open position you see is right for you, we invite you to apply.