IT Service Desk Tech III at Echo Global Logistics
At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
-Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
As a Technology Support Specialist on the Echo Global Logistics team, you will support and maintain Echo proprietary technology and be the first point of contact for end users. Our proprietary software is used by every Echo employee and was created with the goal to simplify transportation for our customers and carriers, and is one of our largest competitive advantages in an ever growing market.
Our team has recently been ranked the third largest digital company by employee size in Chicago and we are continuing to see increased growth in virtually all of our technical teams. We have recently completed the technology integration with Command Transportation and look forward to continued success with you as part of our team!
Essential Position Functions
- See technology as a passion, not something you just do between 9-5
- Possess the ability to create new solutions; we operate on a web based platform and constantly facing unchartered waters
- Possess strong fundamentals within PC, helpdesk, and desktop responsibilities and a willingness to wear several hats when called upon
- Do not wait for something to break; find a problem before it becomes one and constantly aiming to improve
- Having a willingness to vocalize these ideas and pick yourself up if you get knocked down
- Value passionate technologists, go-getters, and people who never stop seeking ways to improve existing technology
- Have a high focus on career development and the runway to get you there
- Work hard, period
- Offer competitive compensation, benefits, 401k, challenging projects, company wide events, coworkers and leaders who will push you to get better, a sense of community not found anywhere else
Technology Support Specialists work in conjunction with all members of IT and the business up to C-level executives
- Provide first-level technical support to end users via various modes (e.g., email, log me in) for Echo’s 2,500+ employees nationwide
- Ensure timely resolution of IT requests by prioritizing and handling tickets from open to close, researching technical issues, escalating issues and documenting resolutions
- Troubleshoot and support all Echo employee hardware including windows-based desktops, laptops, Tablets, Smartphones, projectors, telecom handsets, headsets and A/V equipment
- Gather workstation requirements and perform, imaging, profiling and assembly/disassembly of workstations for equipment refreshes and on/off-boarding requests
- Advocate for the interests of end users within internal IT communications and meetings
- Provide mentorship to teammates
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positively represent Echo technology in all end user and customer interactions
- Work to continuously advance your skill set
- 3+ years desktop and application support
- Experience support Windows 7, Microsoft Office Suites, VOIP telecommunications, Active Directory
- Experience in customer service, both via phone and face-to-face
- 3+ years supporting end-users and high degree of professional demeanor
- Work in fast-paced enterprise environment
- Exceptional customer service
- Strong problem solving skills
What's in it for you?
- Help career growth by joining industry leader and continuing to advance Echo web based technologies
- Working with an organization with defined market goals, products, customers, revenue, and development teams
- Experienced mentors to learn and adopt new practices
- Ability to introduce your own views and takes on desktop practices
- Work with customized proprietary technology used by entire organization
- Have a clearly defined career growth track with enough flexibility to pave your own way
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.