IT Services Manager at Echo Global Logistics
At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
-Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled solutions and supply chain management. We utilize technology to simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers by handling the critical tasks on their behalf so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that ship their product with carriers who transport those goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Echo Global Logistics has recently been ranked in Crain's Business as a Top 25 Tech Employer in Chicago along with other recognitions as the top 3PL provider. We are looking for incredible people to join our team and help carry out our mission of providing our clients with best in class service and technology!
The IT Services Manager is responsible for managing daily operations of the Service Desk, managing the Service Desk team, representing the team to stakeholders, driving continuous improvement, and maintaining high levels of customer service / execution. The IT Services Manager must have a varied set of skills, from knowledge of relevant technical standards to the ability to inspire and motivate a team, which is necessary to carry out effectively the many responsibilities of a service desk and support team. The first and primary responsibility of the IT Services Manager is to meet targets and expectations for customer service and support performance. This is the key metric for determining the success of an IT Services Manager and what all other responsibilities are centered around. The IT Services Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Service Desk addresses, resolves, and escalates all incidents in a timely manner providing the best customer experience to our stakeholders.
Essential Position Functions
Principle Accountability | Leadership
- Instill a disciplined and service-oriented approach to all work the Service Desk completes
- Thorough understanding of strategic vision for Service Desk and set/drive long term direction
- Drive best practices for service management and customer service
- Market and promote the Service Desk and advocate for necessary resources, support, and appreciation of the Service Desk
- Coordinating and managing all relevant stakeholders, including but not limited to the Service Desk, customers, stakeholders, escalation teams, and others involved in service operation
- Practice positive interactions - lean on encouragement in place of judgment
- Participate in the recruitment, evaluation, corrective action and professional development of the Service Desk
- Prioritize and delegate incidents and project work to the Service Desk team
- Develop and document new processes and initiatives to improve the efficiency and shape the direction of the Service Desk
- Develop and maintain a work schedule with full coverage during Service Desk operating hours including phone rotation, time off coverage, etc.
- Work closely with escalation teams to confirm production defects and identify alternative solutions where appropriate
- Craft and send alerts / updates to the business regarding technology changes and outages
- Facilitate the Problem Management process by obtaining and communicating problem details through the proper escalation channels with appropriate urgency
Principle Accountability | Team Management
- Build and maintain a cohesive team and mange people effectively, including the ability to coach, mentor, and develop team members
- Ensure that all processes used by the Service Desk are thoroughly documented, consistently audited, and regularly improved
- Act in the interest of the organization and team by balancing short term and long term activities
- Advocate for the needs and success of the Service Desk team
- Create and maintain a positive working relationship within the IT and end user communities
- Take ownership over the Knowledge Base and other information sources to ensure the smooth hand-off of projects and individual incidents
- Lead the refinement and execution of IT and team initiatives
- Impresses responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks
- Manage Service Desk team members and Service Desk Supervisors
- Maintain a daily schedule that keeps the Service Desk at a functioning level with regards to team members PTO, sick time, and phone ready time
Principle Accountability | Customer Service
- Complete understanding of company and IT business processes and operations
- Monitor and measure the quality of the Customer Service delivered by the Service Desk
- Communicate effectively with both novice and proficient customers and end users
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positively represent Echo technology in all end user and customer interactions
- Advocate for the interests of end users within internal IT communications and meetings
- Develop, document, and manage processes needed to keep the Service Desk operating at a highly effective and satisfactory level
- 5+ years of prior leadership experience
- 5+ years of prior application support experience (customer service/call center)
- 5+ years of prior desktop p support experience (windows)
- Excellent knowledge of Windows, MS Office Suite, O365, VoIP telecommunications, Active Directory, and MS Exchange
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-managed, motivated and a team-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, fluid work environment
- Ability to follow tasks through to their completion with a high degree of accuracy and quality
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.