IT Sr. Specialist - Business Relationship Management & Innovation at CNA
Under minimal technical direction individual contributor role providing a high level of technical knowledge who works as part of a collaborative team providing analytic and reporting support to one or more business areas technology leaders and others. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on user needs and an understanding of the business system requirements. Participates on Scrum or waterfall project teams or work groups and may be the primary project contact for a business area. Supports assignments or projects that are high in priority visibility and/or complexity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Senior technical analyst acting as technical resource on best practices which may include technology or other business/functional areas and may act as process team lead for engagements in assigned area.
- Establishes service level agreements with business units for technology engagements.
- Plans and develops business area technology budget and manpower allocations for assigned engagements.
- Monitors budgets progress reports and service levels performance and resolves complex issues.
- Works with client departments to develop relationships and understand their needs long term and short term for technology solutions services.
- Consults with business units regarding projects and performance; develops relationship with business unit and may serve as liaison between technology and business units for assigned engagements.
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders and plans and conducts working sessions to elicit and review business requirements as approved by senior management.
- Supports strategy development and implements approach for creation of deliverables and all supporting documentation for the concept and definition phases of an assigned project/engagement.
- Performs necessary research to fully understand the business issues develop possible solutions and to support development of innovative cost effective solutions and recommends most viable business/technology solutions to management for approval. May participate in or lead the evaluation of software packages as they relate to an assigned engagement.
- Assists in developing clear presentations for senior leadership to support swift decision-making and issue resolution.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically reports to Director or above.
Skills Knowledge & Abilities
- A strong understanding of the insurance industry its products practices and operations.
- Proven knowledge of business area(s) business and systems.
- Proven knowledge of the system development life cycle AGILE/SCRUM methodologies and technology alternatives; understanding of interface design and user centered work methods.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills excellent attention to detail with proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple large complex projects across multiple functions.
- In-depth knowledge and ability to apply project development and/or AGILE/SCRUM methodologies reporting techniques and measurement techniques.
- Solid client and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with internal and external partners within scope of responsibility team and/or matrix environment.
- Solid collaborative team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Solid oral and written communication skills and ability to convey business requirements and technical needs in clear concise and effective manner.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems which may include solid knowledge of the system/application development life cycle AGILE/SCRUM methodologies and technological alternatives.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in Business Computer Science Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
2. Typically a minimum of seven years’ experience in data/statistical analysis business intelligence or other related field with prior experience identifying and documenting business requirements.
3. Project management and agile methodology experience desirable as well as prior experience in business partnership or business process management roles preferred.
4. Applicable certifications preferred.