IT Support Specialist Level 1 at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic and social opportunities worldwide. Every year, almost $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who prefer the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? That’s the future of work. Come help us build it.
The Upwork Corp IT team is looking for an IT Support Specialist to be responsible for End-User and Audio Visual support. This person will assist with video conferences, internal IT requests, and own challenging projects. The ideal candidate will work well in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of on-going tasks and fast turn-around times. In this direct customer-facing role, top-notch customer service and communication skills are a must while using outstanding troubleshooting skills and logical thinking. The position will be based in Chicago, collaborating with remote IT Teams in our Santa Clara and San Francisco offices.
In this role, you will:
- Provide top-notch service to both onsite and remote end-users.
- Image laptops (Mac and PC).
- Perform user account management via Okta, LDAP, Active directory.
- Create and maintain IT documentation and knowledge bases.
- Support various cloud-based applications (Google Apps, Okta, Docusign, etc.)
- Support a RingCentral VOIP phone system.
- Assist in supporting teleconference software/hardware (Google Meet, Zoom, Chromeboxes)
- Setup and Support All-Hands video conferencing sessions.
- Maintain Audio Visual equipment for video conferences.
- Support network printers. scanners, and user connections.
- Diligently monitor and update IT inventory
- Outstanding customer service.
- Audio Visual experience supporting large meetings requiring microphones, speakers, and presentations.
- Experience administering video conferencing software such as Google Meet, Zoom or equivalent.
- Strong logical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced technical expertise with OSX and Windows OS.
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Emphasize on task quality (be thorough, detail-oriented, responsible)
- Work efficiently, effectively, and independently without sacrificing quality.
- Be a team player with strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of JAMF and or MEDC is a plus.
- At least 3 years experience.